Why do people insist on bringing the carseat on the plane?

Why do people insist on buckling their kids in a carseat on the airplane? Its not like its going to keep them safer if the plane crashes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Travel

• It would probably be easier on the parent then holding the child.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I take my daughters car seat on the plane because she can wiggle out of the plane seat belts, her car seat keeps her contained and provides a familiar thing in an unfamiliar environment. When she was a baby, I brought her carrier because I didn't want to hold her the entire time. Why are you so against it?
    Anonymous

• Did you ever hear about turbulence? It is highly recommended to put your infant/toddler in a car seat to prevent injury during turbulence. If you can afford an extra ticket, what difference would it make to other passengers?
    Anonymous

• Im not against it, I just dont understand it. I could never afford the extra fare for an additional seat, so I never have.
    Anonymous