Would you rather have much more money and wacky babysitters or less $ and freedom to be a MOM 24/7

I was contemplating leaving my part time gig to interview for some salary positions that I know I could fall in love with...but my mother is out of the picture, my husband does not believe in trying daycare and last but not least my mother in law is the most overbearing babysitter ever. Example: calling to see if i put the snowsuit on my 11 month old son in 45 degree weather. She makes me nuts always putting girls clothes or even 2T boys which are so baggy on him. I waste so much time and energy putting a diaper bag together, but it goes unused. She even buys her own food for at her house and gives mine back without refrigeration:( Thanks!
I am thinking that I would have to see her less if I was a stay at home mom. But now she wants to watch him only two days a week tops and I don't want to work a part time job. I want nothing or the job that brings in the bacon. I guess I am leaning for the stay at home home. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would rather be a SAHM. Less money.

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I choose to be a SAHM over more money.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I have 5 children and my Husband works outside of the home. I debated for a long time to either go back to work and help out with the money or be a Stay at home mom. Then I found a wonderful place to start my own business and I work at home and are with my children all day. I get to raise them and no one else.
    ameriplanmommy5

Answer by ameriplanmommy5 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Um, in this economy EVERYONE needs to be getting off their butts and working. SAHM are a waste of good tax payers money... Go get a job and support yourself...
    Anonymous

• Ok that last post was uncalled for!! Ignore that person for sure, they are just unhappy and cranky :-)

I wouldn't trade being home with my girls for anything!! I love being here for them and having the freedom to take them places and do things that I couldn't if I had to work outside the home. Plus I love not having the hassel of getting them up and ready to go to daycare/sitter, especialy now in the cold.

I do work, I have a home business with AMERIPLAN building great income and helping other moms stay home :-)

Listen to your heart girlie, you'll know what to do. I'm on a lot if you need to chat!!

God Bless 

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 7:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• If you can save for retirement and college while you stay home, and you are comfortable being a SAHM, then that is what you should do.

I believe that kids need us more beginning at around age 12; before then is the time to establish your career and get a great jump on retirement and college savings.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

I can't figure out how I'm wasting taxpayer money? We don't get any assistance and we pay all of our bills, so what am I getting from taxpayers?
    Anonymous

• The first 5 years are integral to your son's development. I am staying home and doing my very best to give my son everything he needs to handle this world and succeed. Money isn't everything and if you ever listen to the news, in some countries inflation goes wild and what would have been worth thousands won't even buy a loaf of bread anymore. It could happen here and you would have sacrificed something much more valuable for a pile of paper.
    Anonymous

• I stay at home with my two and we have 1 on the way, I'll continue to stay home. It's much easier on my mind to clip coupons or "do without" some luxuries than it is to worry about whether or not my child is being taken care of in a daycare.

I'd much rather stay home than have more money.
    luvinmommylife

Answer by luvinmommylife at 3:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2009