"Morning sickness" more like ALL DAY SICKNESS!!

i am prego with my first and have nausea puking alll day long. ANy tips on what i can do?? at this rate i feel like im goin to lose more weight than gain any!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ppl told me Saltine crackers but those NEVER worked for me. i would ask your dr. for a script for nausea!
    Anonymous

• i didnt even know they had those!! I am calling first thing in the morning!! thanks!!
    Anonymous

• Nothing worked for me:( I was on 4 different meds during each of my pregnancies and nothing worked. I lost so much at the start of my first 2 pregnancies that I wasnt able to gain it all back and was below my pre-pregnancy weight when I delivered both of them. I had to have IV fluids mult times during each of my pregnancies. This time I managed to gain weight and I have gained 11 pounds as of 34 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My doc Rx Zofran. It worked when I first started taking it but now it doesn't do much. I have heartburn too, it also makes me vomit. Trust me I feel your pain, I'll say a prayer for us both.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, like you I had to find out the hard way that it was all-day sickness.

With this, my second pregnancy, I am going the prescription rout. Zofran is a level B (generally considered safe for pregnancy) anti-nausea. It just barely went generic so it's actually affordable, our pharmacist let us in on that news.

It did make me dizzy for the first week, but that was better than sick, and it did go away; something to check if your insurance will cover.

Other than that, you know you have to switch your mindset from puking means you shouldn't eat, to feeling sick means you should eat. Sometimes you got to force the food down, but it really does help.
    Anonymous

• ginger ale

suck a lemon slice -- seriously. I know it seems like it would make it worse. it rocks!

Seabands motion sickness bands -- $12 at CVS/ Walgreens-- wrist bracelets that use acupressure

Carry snacks all the time. Almonds, dried fruit, beef jerky-- something you can keep in your purse. Munch a little before you get hungry or before the puking really begins.

TUMS-- i got the non-mint ones bc mint makes me BARF. I suck on one at a time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• If this continues after week 13 ask your doctor to screen you for hypernemesis. It sounds like thats what you have and believe me you dont want to not treat it
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The slump before the bump! Losing a little bit of weight in early pregnancy is normal

Here are some ideas that may work for you:
    chamomile tea
    peppermint tea
    ginger tea
    licorice tea
    seasickness bands

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• tam84... hyperemesis has nothing to do with what week it ends in pregnancy! You can have morning sickness end at 10 weeks and have hyperemesis or you can have it go on to 22 weeks and not have it! Hyperemesis doesnt have a screening! It is diagnosed when you lose more than 10% of your body weight and why the heck would you wait til week 13? I dont get it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009