Does back pain now mean bad back pain during labor??

I am 26 weeks pregnant with #1 and since about 13 weeks have been having bad back pain/siatic nerve pain mostly after work, lifting or being active for long. I am planning on "trying" natural unmedicated birth but was wondering if since I have bad pain already if that means I will during labor and deliver also. Anyone know??
This being my first pregnancy and having many questions I love this website and everyones answers, thanks for your time!

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 9:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, they have nothing to do with each other. Back labor is from your baby facing the wrong way (his/her back against your back) and it happens as they are desending down the birth canal and wouldnt cause problems before then
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• the back pain now doesn't mean thats what you'll have during labor but you shoould try going to a chiropractor it's really helped me with all three of my pregnancies. As for back labor it's totally managable during an unmedicated birth! I've had back labor with all of mine, it's not easy but it's definately something you can do. Good Luck
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 3:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I agree, chiropractors are MIRACLE worker! :-D
    Also, the position of the baby is what causes back labor. My DD was posterior so I had back labor. I had a 100% natural and unmedicated birth, and I think the pain was not nearly as bad as it would have been if it were in my belly. I'm actually hoping for back labor again this time! lol
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My back killed me and was fine in labor, but I have heard chiropractic and acupuncture care can make the woes of pregnancy go away, and acupuncture can help ease labor and possibly induce.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2009