can i take a tub bath after i have started dialating?

went to the dr this week and they said that i was 2 cms dialated and that could last weeks in a 2nd pregnancy, just wondering if i can still take a bath i cant remember from my first pregnancy. i love my relaxing bath time and would be sorry to see it go lol.

volsmomma22

Asked by volsmomma22 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Health

• You can take a bath after you start dialating, they dont want you to if your water breaks.
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I took baths at home when I was 4 cm dilated so I don't see why it would hurt. I know I loved taking baths when I was pregnant to help relax.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• They don't like you to, because you're more open to bacteria getting in there. Call your OB and ask.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• JazzlikeMraz, that's incorrect. It's perfectly safe to have a bath. Women give birth in their bathtubs every day. You are already immune to all the germs in your house. I mean, make sure the tub is clean, but there's no reason to be worried.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I rememeber that they let me take a bath in the hospital while I was in early stages of labor .... the bath had jets in it, and was so relxing!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009