is it safe to lay on my stomach when i'm 15 weeks pregnant?

tie0013

Asked by tie0013 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes. its also safe to lay on your stomach when you are 40 weeks pregnant, as long as you are comfortable.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• In my opinion, it wont hurt the baby. It will just eventually get uncomfortable for you, it's also easier to teach yourself to sleep on your side now before you actually have to. I slept on my stomach until I was uncomfortabe with it, then I had a hard time sleeping on my side.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 10:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It's safe at any stage in your pregnancy - the tricky thing is feeling comfortable while you're at it,

- some women get very strategic with lots of pillows.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• What the others said. I slept however I wanted as long as I was comfortable. With my first I only slept on my sides after 16 weeks because that's what the book said. I was so miserable by the end I cried myself to sleep every day because of the pain in my shoulders and hips.
    Threw the book away with my 2nd and haven't looked at any kind of pregnancy/parenting book since then (that was in 2001).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i slept on my belly my entire 1st pregnancy, and still do with this 1, and i'm 4 wks frm due! lol. you can't hurt the baby by it, ass long as your comfy!! which gets tricky towards the end.... grrrr.....
    K_Chel

Answer by K_Chel at 12:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Just stay off of your back. :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• enjoy it while you can! at 36 weeks I can still sometimes depending on whether or not I can get the pillows arranged comfortably and where the baby is laying. If it starts to get uncomfortable for her she kicks the crap out of me! lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I was told the same thing that you can as long as you are comfy and I was like oh thats no problem Im gonna be sleeping on my tummy for a long time. Lol I havent slept on my tummy since like 16 or 17 weeks. It started to get uncomfortable and starting to hurt so I stopped.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2009