Do you have restaurant food more or less often than you did as a child?

Both fast food and sit down places. There have been a lot of questions lately about both diet and budget that always come back to the argument of whether or not people "deserve" to go out once in a while. I'm wondering how many really only go "once in a while" or what they consider "once in a while" to be. I don't think once a week or more qualifies.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• More. There was 6 of us in the family growing up, so going out to eat was expensive. I definitely abuse that privilege now.
    Anonymous

• I can count on two hands the number of times we ate out as kids. With five kids, it was super expensive to eat out so we rarely did.
    Now we eat out about 4-6 times a month when we have extra cash. I am counting pizza night too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Well for me I would say I probably eat it a lot more now than I did as a child. I know it isn't good but I like going out and I do think that people deserve it once in a while. I would say me and my family eat out at least once a week and sometimes more than that. I really do need to work on so much fast food though, my son is 9 months old and I don't want him to develop bad eating habits as he gets older.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• more, I'm the cook so I take every opportunity I can to eat out :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It's about the same actually. Unless it was a special occassion, we generally only ate out on Sundays when I was a kid.

Now, there is no set day we go out, but we usually eat restaurant food at least once a week.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Eat there LESS then when I was younger and single. DH and kids don't care for it either but do like Subway and Dominos on the rare occasion.

Despise Mc Donalds and all that greasy food
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Much less. When I was a kid, we ate out at least once a week, though never fast food.

Now, we eat out maybe once a month.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• We eat out a lot more than we did when I was a kid. When I was little we'd get takeout about once a month and eat at a restaurant maybe twice a year. Now we eat takeout about once a month still but eat at a restaurant about once a week. The boy and I sometimes go out after preschool if we're running errands in the afternoon anyway. He loves going to the Chinese restaurant and the buffet is only $6.50 for me and free for him so it's a good meal for less than fast food.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Less now than when I was growing up. As a kid we went to this Italian Resteraunt to eat every Saturday Night. This was a ritual for a good 5 years. That resteraunt burned down about 15 years ago. My dad took me and my brother to the A and W each week and I got hooked on RootBeer Floats. We also hit baskin Robbins in the summertime and a drive in movie once a week. It is too expensive today to go out and eat. Fast food for two people, Is ridiculously expensive. I had a job at Panera's and got a sandwich for lunch a few days a week. No longer work there, but I miss there food!!!
    litninbug

Answer by litninbug at 9:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009