Is it ever OK to date a married man?

I listened to some of Tiger Woods girlfriends say that they didn't know he was married. However, once they did find out he was married, it didn't stop them from continuing to date him. I can't imagine why anyone would want to date a married man who is so dishonest that he cheats on his wife.
So, is it ever OK to date a married man? Is it something that you have done or considered doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• So, is it ever OK to date a married man?  NO!   Is it something that you have done or considered doing?  NO!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Nope it is not okay EVER. Only the nastiest rags try to justify it. YUCKO!
    Anonymous

• I did, when he finally told me he was married I ended it. I don't believe in that. If I'd known before hand I wouldn't have give him the time of day.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I don't think it is ever ok to date a married man, and as for Tiger Woods... How in the hell did those girls NOT know he was married, he is Tiger Woods not some random guy at a bar, he is all over all the place TV, articles, etc...KWIM
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Only on date night with your DH!

I have gone dates with a couple of guys who didn't wear rings. I ended it the minute I found out. One actually wanted me to meet his wife and become friends with her because she was new to town. Lovely.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Guess those women he dated didn't have TV's and they never picked up a newspaper or something. They are just as bad as he is once they "found out" and still continued to date him. Men like that are just plain gross. And if a woman continues to see a man AFTER she finds out he is married then she is trashy in my book. Notice I said AFTER she finds out, not before
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I dont guess it is ever ok. But I am good friends with a married man and married myself. But of us were questioning our relationships and made out but it never went any further. Not saying it is ok, but there are reasons that people do everything they do.
    Anonymous

• I'd like to say 100% NO it's not ok, but I think there are gray areas. My cousin started dating her dh a few weeks before his annulment from his first marriage was final. In that situation, he wasn't living with his 1st wife, they had no kids, and he was ending it because she had been cheating on him since her bachelorette party. So I think there are gray areas, but the Tiger situation is just a mess. I can't see myself dating a married guy, but I know my cousin didn't either until she met her dh.
    Anonymous

• Mores tells us it's not okay and I agree. With Tiger, he repeated (according to us magazine) to those women how unhappy he was in marriage and to be married and with one gal, told her he'd leave Elin. So I suppose when you have the richest golfer in the world having sex with you and telling you this junk, you'd probably see him as a drug and get addicted fast. There's be a high in knowing you were the other girl I think. I've been with a guy one time years ago who had a girlfriend and I knew it. We went out a few times and I felt so awful I ended it and never saw him again. Since then, it's not happened nor will it.
    Anonymous

• first of all tiger is all kinds of famous so im gonna have to go with my gut and say they're lying when they say they didnt know. I mean if I got involved with a celebrity I would google his ass to no end. To answer the question no it's never okay to date someone elses husband.
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2009