What would you do?

Okay, so we just had my sons 4th bday. We are really busy with things.. buying a house, Christmas, my husband not working like he has been and just tons of things. BUT we wanted him to still have his special day, but without having a big party and spending lots of money. We told him he could choose one friend to bring with him to his birthday lunch at applebees and to go to chuckee cheese with him afterwards. Well, I told my close friends that I wasnt going to invite, why and what the circumstance was and i wanted to make sure they didnt think i just DIDNT invite them or "diss" them. Well, my 2 close friends were fine with it and completly understood. But one of my new friends and pretty close, was just like oh , okay.. and has just been quiet or shady since. Did I do this right? or would you have done something different? What should i do now? Apologize or just let her pout?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Let her pout. Shes a new friend so shes not up on how things go, she'll be fine, don't baby her because , like a child, she'll pout every time something goes wrong. and who wants a friend who's pouting all the time?
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• thank you :) would you have understood or taken offense? I thought about it before i did anything, and if someone had told me that ONLY one child was being invited and for the reasons, i would have COMPLETLY understood. It would have offended me only if ALL the other kids or friends got invited, and my child didnt. but that was not the case at all.
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Let her pout. You went about it the right way, it's on her if she's offended by it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009