My 11 month old almost 12 months

My almost 12 month old son has a really bad running/watery eye now and a runny nose as well. He doesn't have a cough really so what could it be? I thought maybe it was a cold but I would assume you have to have a cough for it to be a cold. Any ideas?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just curious, why would you assume he has to have a cough to have a cold? It's cold season, so it could be the beginning of a mild cold. I don't think it's anything to worry about just yet.
    Anonymous

• I dont know if its a cold or what? Most colds are associated with a cough is the only reason I said that.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• is he teething? maybe he is getting his so called eye teeth in.. top incisors (the pointy vampire looking ones)
    Anonymous

• yea he is teething...I didn't know their eyes water like that when they teethe?
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• yeah they get eye boogies, watery, ear aches with the top incisor (eye teeth) and the (stomache teeth) bottom incisor they throw up and dont eat as much...
    Every child is different but i know alot of babies go through this and thats why they call them eye and stomache teeth.
    drink lots of fluid and if the mucos turns yellow then it is an infection and not teething just maybe a sinus infection. GL hope this helped
    Anonymous

• Thanks! Yes this helped a lot! I haven't heard this before but makes perfect sense :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• there is no such thing as eye and/or stomach teeth and not very many babies actually vomit from teething
    Anonymous

• My daughter also vomited when she got her "stomach" teeth. She was never bothered by any of her other teeth, thankfully :) My son, on the other hand, has the same symptoms as your LO right now (he'11 be one this weekend) and I am 99% sure that it is teething.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2009