How do I get my 23 month old to lose the bottle?

I have tried nuby sippy cups and hard nipple sippy cups and yet he is abt 2 be 2 and wont turn lose of the bottle and he always has to have his hand down my shirt screaming boob boobs its embarrassing.

WendyAReynolds

Asked by WendyAReynolds at 10:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son really likes the Gerber sippy cups (they have handles, are easy to clean, and REALLY do not splill). Maybe put tasty juice and milk in the sippy cup and luke warm water in the bottle. I thought my son would have a melt down at 20 months when we took away the bottle- he ddn't even notice they were gone. I bagged them up one night after he was asleep and have not missed cleaning them one bit:)
    boob boobs. ha ha. That is funny. I don't know what to recommend for that- maybe send in a vide to America's Funniest Videos. Just kidding. Hang in there- good luck.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• just toss it..That what i did with all three. It is best to do closer to 12mos though.
    Anonymous

• Well with my daughter I put her to bed with a sippy full of water. She started playing with it and decoded to wean herself from the bottle at only 5 months old. Your little one will be more difficult but I like bloomsr's idea with the water int he bottle and juice or milk in the sippy. Also give him the sippy cup all the time throughout the day. Make sure theres one always in her reach. Also make sure she can never see a bottle just laying around, always put them in a cabinet you hardly use. She is old enough to understand when you tell her things so try telling her the bottles are all gone. Well good luck hun!
    MistyBible

Answer by MistyBible at 3:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• When I was little, we went on vacation and we were playing in a river. Later that day my mom told me I lost my bottle in the river and it floated away.That was the end of that. I don't think it was traumatic at all for me, just final. Sometimes just the permanence of it being GONE (thrown away, mailed to a child in need, LOST) is enough to put an end to the "need" for it.
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 10:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009