Ugh! They are stressing me out and making me cry!

Ok so this isn't really a question but more like a vent! My stupid in laws are my neighbors and me and my mother in law are just now getting back to speaking terms, well I am 9 weeks pregnant with my third pregnancy and my brother in law and my father in law keep making f*cking fat jokes about me!!! I am NOT fat! I am pregnant. I was not fat before I got pregnant. I weighed 145! About ten lbs overweight (according to my standards). Ugh!!! I came home and cried! I know some of it is hormones but geez!!! I am a pregnant WOMAN! Grrr. What would you do? Would you be mad too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Without knowing the kind of people they are, my guess is they're only teasing you because its so obvious you're NOT fat and they're trying to get a rise out of you without realizing its actually hurting your feelings.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yes, i would be mad too, and I'd let them know that they're hurting your feelings. Don't let them get to you, babe, even though it would probably bother me too. :(
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Ignore them. People are idiots. You are not fat, you're pregnant. At least after you have your baby you will be able to lose weight and get back to normal. They won't ever be able to lose their stupid. It's permanent.

I hope they all get scorching cases of hemmoroids for being mean to a pregnant woman! Karma-roids!
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 11:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'd be pissed. They sound like idiots, but whatever, just ignore 'em. BTW, you're not fat at that pre-preg weight.
    Anonymous

• Aaaaww, I understand, I love my husband, we're on good terms.

...but one particularly wild hormone night he made a joke about my tummy, and I was in a rage and in tears.

It is part of the package deal of pregnancy, but if they really bother you, only hang out with them as much as civility requires. Take care of yourself okay.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I would be pissed it the only different thing I would do would have been to turn around and really piss them off back.. if they are over weight then I would say something about that or being bald .. u get the picture.. They sound like the kind of ppl that will not stop if they see it bothers you and you don't say anything back.. Stand up for yourself! I can NOT stand my inlaws, we haven't spoken in over 5 years since my first born was 8 months.. They don't even know that I am pregnant again.. it is soo great not to have to deal with them ppl. When my son was a baby she would come and take him from me and he would cry and she wouldn't give him back, there my husband sat saying nothing, well I had enough! the rest is history!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• yes i would be very upset if anyone made fat jokes about me and no one in my family would do that. =( i'm really sorry. maybe since you are thin they think it's all in good fun and it won't hurt your feelings? if they might not know, tell them it hurts your feelings.. if they do know it hurts your feelings and they do it anyway, avoid them as much as possible. so sorry that sucks!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i know how you feel im also 9 weeks preg im alittle over wieght but not much and my mother in law keep telling me that i need to watch what i eat and not eat so much it pisses me off also this is my 3 rd preg too..... i just want to cry or hit her lol i hate when people do this even if i wasnt preg i still would be pissed b/c that no way to motavate (sp) someone to loose weight good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• my in laws are my neighbors too, and my bil and fil always get a good laugh at my expense well one night i had enough when theycrossed the line of discussing how i discipline my child......you dont like the way i look dont look, if you do keep your mouth shut cuz i am a hot preg woman, you dont like they way my kid acts dont come around my kid, you dont like my cooking stop inviting yourseves over for dinner and cook for yourseves......after taht night i get a thank you for cooking and no other words are spoken.......we all got hormones honey dont let them make you cry make them piss you off enough to set them straight...they need to know where taht line is and if they cross it let that mean bad asss mama come out and play
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 8:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2009