what is considered *high* blood pressure?

i went to the doctor today and she told me i have pregnancy induced hypertension. i dont really remember exactly what my blood pressure was but i know it was high...it is still high and it has been like 7 hours. it's 156/90 and i am freakin out!! do i need to go to the hospital or should i just lay down on my left side like she said?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lay down. I had PIH and no one got too nervous until it was 160/100. Lay on your left side and take it easy.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• okay thanks...im gonna lay down and check it in about 30 minutes.
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• first of all stop freaking out that will cause it to rise more :-)
    Relax for a while
    That amount is how high mine was and I wasnt pregnant and Im on meds for it now . Just relax, don't worry about things. it should come down. Also cut back on salt intake !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Do as the previous posters said and make sure you are drinking plenty of water it will flush out extra sodium from your system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Try looking into the brewers diet, and increaseing your magnesium intake. As well as drinking plenty of water.
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Besides the other ideas mentioned try doing some deep relaxing breathing works like a charm and stop stressing(I know hard to do i do it myself ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2009