makes you think

I read this fact...

Most of the world's people have to walk 3 hours just to fetch water...

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................................................

_mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 12:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Makes me glad I live in Canada.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 12:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Peoples that try and make me feel guilty because I was born in the USA irritate the snot outa me.
    I'm so sorry my ancestors decided to leave their home country and settle in the US.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I don't think she was trying to make u feel guilty anon 12:30, I think she was just saying we should be thankful for what we have.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think understanding that people don't have things as wonderful as we do in the US (or Canada) isn't a bad thing. Especially at this time of year, when so much of it seems to be about the materialistic side of the holiday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• no I definatly wasnt trying to make anyone feel bad...i think it is odd that you jumped to that conclusion... I myself always forget that sooo many people live that way...I actually posted it because I feel grateful that I live in the usa ( i woulnt even ever travel to another country if I had the chance...besudes cananda, I ve been there twice, its like Americas twin) ...and I also feel kind of... selfish I guess...we have a beautiful nice home, full of fancy things, and I keep complaing to my husband that I want a bigger house, new things... and that we got our kids soooo many things for christmas and there are soo many people ( here in the usa, evan) who wasnt able to get their kids anything, or just a few things from the dollar store....so it does make me think...I was asking if it made you think too....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Profound. Actually, the first answer is interesting. My first thought is compassion, thinking how I might be able to help someone in the future. But I know there are people who close their eyes to the pain in the world because it makes them guilty. I think we should definitely be aware of it and not close our eyes.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Wow I can't believe this question got that kind of negative reaction! Yikes! Anon 12:30, you got issues lol. Nobody was saying you should feel bad. Just that at this time of year it's important to remember that there are people that have very hard lives and perhaps if we could find it in our hearts to give to charity, we might be able to at least make someone's life a little easier.

Or that's how I interpreted it anyways....Must be my innocent Canadian ways ;)
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 1:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Lots of people around the world do not have access/money for alot of things.

What about the kids whom have to walk 5---10 miles each way just to go to school in Africa. (Imagine the heat, wild animals?)

Sure it makes us think, and sad it has not changed MUCH in the last 50 years. Makes you wonder where the money went to help them, like the feed the child organizations.....they only show one small part of a very larger picture. Hunger issues are all over the world and THAT is so unacceptable in itsself!!!!!!! NO ONE should be without food and water,shelter!

Imagine what THOSE kids and people WANT. More of a need then a want.

Just remember......you can't take it with you when you die.......but what you CAN take with you is the love and understanding when YOU GIVE to others, no matter HOW small. Every little helps. THAT feeling of giving can fill up anyones heart and THAT you CAN take with you when you go!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• No one is trying to make anyone feel bad cause their ancestors left which ever country and came to the USA years ago and settled.

They did not just get sent or travelled via boats on their own to the USA/Canada. Loads of people went to Europe and Australia, alot of countries and there they settled.

I don't see where anyone was making you feel guilty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009