Is anyone else in their 1st trimester, hungry, and

unable to find anything good to eat? Nothing tastes good. I think I'm hungry for something and as soon as I take a bite I'm done. I'm driving my husband crazy. lol He asks what I want for dinner and I can't think of a single thing most of the time. I wanted spaghetti tonight, then took 5 bites and I was done. Or I will eat something once and not be able to even smell it again without gagging. We normally eat chicken quite a bit and now I can't stand the smell of it cooking, that and quite a few other foods. Even drinks, I can only drink ice water (thankfully that's a good thing). I've never had this many food aversions with my other 4 pregnancies. Thankfully I haven't craved too much junk food, not that it would matter one bite and I would be done.

My baby is growing fine and I'm taking my prenatals. I just can't wait to eat again. :o)

prdill08

Asked by prdill08 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you sound just like me. i'm driving my husband bananas too. i can't ever decide what i want to eat, even if i'm starving. nothing ever sounds appealing. i never have an apetite. it's weird.. i thought it would pass, but i'm about 5 months along and still having the same problem. but i had a great lunch today! hubby brought home some fish tacos and i had it with some decaf coffee & it was delicious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• thats how it was for me w my last pregnancy. this time i pretty much have no appetite at all. its not that im having morning sickness, just that i cant eat. im 9 weeks now and from about 5-8 weeks i barely ate at all.i had to force it.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I was hoping it would go away pretty soon. *sigh* I have less morning sickness, but still hate all food. I'm starving right now trying to think of something to eat... sadly Cream of Wheat might be the winner. Not much of a flavor, with a tiny bit of brown sugar.
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• from 6-11 weeks i was soooo hungry but everything sounded disgusting. i didn't think anything seemed good to eat. the food aversions were horrible and i also had nausea. from 8-11 weeks i threw up about once per day, sometimes twice. around 11.5 weeks, i started feeling much better, stopped vomiting, and the food aversions are starting to subside too. so i've been eating more and feeling less hungry. i was also driving my husband crazy whining that i was starving and begging him to find me something good to eat. i hope that yours will go away soon too so that you can start to eat normally! i know exactly how you feel i think.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009