Help with my 3 year old

My son is 3 and its like he never wants to sleep...it takes me forever to get him to go to bed at night and sometimes its like midnight before he will...but he will be up by 6 or 7 the next morning...and he doesnt take naps during the day...its like he just dont want to sleep...any suggestions???

I also have a 6 year old and a 1 year old that never gives me this problem...

my2boysdrewaaro

Asked by my2boysdrewaaro at 1:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Look at his activity during the day, is he getting enough? What is his diet like, especially in the evening? No chocolate, sugar, fruit juices in the evening. What about the atmosphere in the house? Try turning down lights an hour or so before what you want to be bedtime. No tv, computer at least an hour before bed (tv and moniters are equivalent to a 100 watt bulb, messes up the body's production of melatonin.) Make sure he's getting enough sunlight during the day, especially in the morning shortly after getting up. It helps to set the body's clock. Try to get him to have a 'quiet time' mid afternoon, even if he won't sleep. My 3 year old (son) has cut out his naps but will generally go to bed around 8:30pm and up at 7am :P
    dibzz

Answer by dibzz at 1:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2009