omg this was like a really bad dream! Will this hurt anything?

So last week we got ants on our kitchen counters. Not the black nice ants but the red mean ones that bite. Well No matter how many times we bleach the counters make sure there is nothing on them or the floor the ants always come back. We havent sprayed or anything cause im 9 months pregnant and im not sure if its safe or not. Okay so my boobs leak a lot so my night gown had a wet ring on my nipple. I hadnt realized I was leaking until I went into the kitchen and came back to my bedroom and I was feeling a stinging. I lifted up my shirt and I had ants on my nipple that was leaking. they WERE BITING ME! Is this going to hurt my nipple? or my milk supply? and how the hell do you get rid of ants while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The ants won't do you damage. They might irritate the nipple but unless you're allergic or something it won't do any serious damage. It won't hurt your 'milk supply' especially since you aren't using it yet :) Get someone to spray, I wouldn't do it myself. Probably (depending on where the ants are coming in at) you can get away with spraying outside (around the perimeter of the house). You sure don't want ants in the house after the baby is born. I'd hate the same scenario to play out just as you're about to feed baby!
    dibzz

Answer by dibzz at 1:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I would spray outside as the previous person suggested. We had ants in our kitchen & bedroom (no clue why in the bedroom..no food in there!) You can also put ant bait things in your kitchen those wont hurt you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i had a really really bad red aunt problem i told my landloard and i have terminex come out and spray in and out my house and it comes out of rent......its not dangerous to do while ur pegggo thats the only soulation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Red ants can cause a reaction. You need to talk to your doctor. My mom got red ants in her house and they bit her, the resulting infections caused her to have scars. You CAN have a reaction to them. Get this issue taken care of ASAP. I'm sorry you are going through this!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I agree with above you MUST get rid of those ants before you bring a baby into the house. They WILL bite a baby and their little skin is so sensitive, it will really hurt. Go stay somewhere while the spraying goes on if that makes you feel better but GET IT DEALT WITH ASAP! I'd hate to think of your baby getting hurt by them :(
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 1:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• There's stuff my grandpa sprays for spiders and ants and other small insects that try and get in your house. It's called Home Defense and from what he's said about it, you spray it around the outside of your house and you can even spray it on the inside around base boards and stuff and when the bug crawls over the "line" where you sprayed, it kills them. It's odorless too and it shouldn't bother you while you're pregnant. I'd take care of the ants ASAP so that you wont have them when the baby comes home and risk them biting the baby.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2009