Christmas gift for mother-in-law?

She has helped so much my first year of being a mom and spared no expense in buying things for mydaughter. I appreciate her a lot, and I want my gift to show it. She's a big movie goer, so I was thinking gift ceritficate to the movie theater. But that seems a little insensitive, ya know? I want something special, unique...aaaaaargh this is mind-boggling! Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• our society has hijacked christmas and made us all believe its about the dollar amount we spend, i bet it would mean ten times more to her if you were to sit down and right her a letter telling her how greatful you are and the things she has done that have ment the most to you
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• check out getting her a locket...i got my mother in law a 6 picture locket ball so she can hold not only her two sons photos, but photos of their wives, and her two grandchildren. she adored it!
    reddforsyth

Answer by reddforsyth at 1:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I like reddforsyth's idea. Add a personal Thank You note along with it to express your true appriciation for her and what she has done.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• WHY NOT A NEW DVD PLAYER? OR AN IPOD WITH HER FAVORITE MOVIE ON IT.........................
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i think you should look into a personalized photo album they can do now, or look into companies that create slideshows for wedding set to music...and then fill it with memories and stuff for her. Make a big production out of giving it to her, flowers etc...and yes be sure to write a very hertfelt letter to her letting her know how wonderful she is.
    trust me girl...MIL's like her are rare, cherish her. :o) happy for you.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2009