What do you think of MTV's "Teen Mom" Mothers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Entertainment

• They have a teen mom show on MTV???? Oh my god. That DOES glamorize teenage motherhood. I can't see anything good about being an unmarried teenage Mom. SOrry, but its justwrong. If this show makes any teenager want to be a teen Mom, then MTV should be sued.....that is really a depressing thought. Motherhood is so much better for everyone if there are married parents having the babies....after they have graduated from college.
    And, DON"T have sex ...especially without BC...if you are a teen!!! It is not worth it. Girls mostly have sex to please their boyfriends and to "not lose their boyfriend" . PAthetic!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I watch it but it irritates me that they show the negative parts of being a mom basically what every1 assumes about us they show..I'M WAITING FOR ONE SHOW TO SHOW A TEEN MOM WHO ISN'T WORRIED ABOUT GUYS OR PARTYING AND DOESN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT HAVING THEIR BABIES OR NEEDING TO DO SOMETHING,One show that proves not all teen moms are fuck ups!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think the little glimpses they give to the girls' lives dont even almost show how hard it is to be a teen mom. 2 of the girls were engaged, and unfortunatly most of us who were/are teen moms, don't have that opportunity. Nor do we have people to dump our kids off on all the time to go out on dates, and such. Still over all I think its nice that at least someone they are showing that having a child at a young age does completly change your life. It is hard to be a teen mom and hopefully the show will convince some young people who watch it to either have protected sex, or no sex at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• they need to put me on a show hehe
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think its unfortunate that they put these children on television for poor behavior. There has been for some odd reason the need to glamorize teen pregnancy which is absolutely horrible.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i completely disagree with the glamorizing it, they have group sessions too where they talk about how hard it is an how much work it takes and how they completely miss thier old lives. teens need to see this stuff. they need to see how much these girls are stuggling and how hard it is to not be able to just drop something and go and party all the time. but it does a good job of showing the teen dad doing whatever he wants!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I make my 13 yr DD watch teen mom as I did 16 & pregnant.I think it doesnt show everything but it shows enough to know she doesnt want a baby anytime soon.
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 9:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I was interested in Mommy16's answers as I agree- it really does show the worst side of teen parents IMO. They could find better examples. But then again, thats reality TV- I am sure there are better examples of wives in Orange County than what is shown on "Real Wives of Orange County".
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I just have to say I'm glad it wasn't me, because it very well could have been!

Kudos that someday these girls are going to look back and see what they've been through, and appreciate the lessons they are learning. (Even if they haven't learned them yet.)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think it's disgusting! One mother left her child with the grandmother ALL the time to go screw every Tom,Dick,and Harry. The heavy set chick just was disgusting and let her child crawl on tables in public, and truely thought that an infant understood no when it was crawling under a glass table and the child almost smashed it's head into glass-that pissed me off. She didn't want to get off her fat lazy ass to take care of the child. The red hair girl seemed okay but she had a loser of a boyfriend, and the couple that gave their child up for adoption definietly did the right thing-that whole family is white trash and thank God that child is being raised by decent human beings not some filthy trash. That show was nasty!
    I was never a teen mother but they need better candidates for this show or take it off air. I really can't wait until Farrah brings a black guy home to her family-hahahahahahahhahhahahah~~~~hoe!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009