Zashira

Asked by Zashira at 1:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She wants your attention, your the milk truck.. how old is she? maybe its to soon not to let her suck at it all day...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Looking at your profile, she's less than a month old? She SHOULD be attached to your breast and in your arms constantly. It's what newborns need... it helps milk supply and it's a protective instinct thing... she's been with you for 9 months straight, being separated is foreign.

As far as why she cries when she can hear/see you and doesn't when she can't. She doesn't have object permanence yet. She doesn't know that when you leave the room you still exist.... then you walk back in the room and she goes "oh yea, that lady... she'll take care of me, come hold me!"

Get a wrap or a sling and co-sleep. All us wacky babywearing, co-sleeping moms don't just do it because we're nuts... we were all once new moms with babies who wanted to do nothing but to nurse and be held. It will make your life 100x easier and save your sanity, I promise.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Again, Leanne hits it pout of the ballpark. Get a lsing. Leave baby at the breast. She's designed for that and NOT allowing it can lead to poor weight gain and supply problems for you. Put dad and grandma in charge of whatever else you're thinking you're supposed to do...like chores.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• DITTO LEANNE!!!

My DD was attached to my boob for a long time. I loved it though. I did not want her anywhere else but in my arms. Get a sling, it will make your life a lot easier. If she wants the boob, give it to her. She is way to young to be rejected from the boob.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009