Question for women who had children at a young age.

After you had your child(ren) did you feel like you matured but your babys father didnt? I had my son at 16. Im now almost 19. My babys father can be really responsible, and everything, but sometimes he acts like an immature jerk. I feel like having my son matured me, and made me act a lot older than I was, but he seems like he still stuck in his teen years. He doesnt want to help, and he acts more like hes jealous of the baby soemtimes. Idk, it might just be me, but I feel like Were both getting older and finding out who/what we want to be in life, but were on two different paths.. if that makes any since at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• thats why im not with my kids father anymore, i realized we were on two very different paths in life and the path he was picking was not where i want to be the rest of my life, i am now happily married to some one who has the same types of goals, ya know putting everything in to the relationship, sharing time as a family, making sure the kids dont go without even if we do etc
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• well i've always been mature for my age but my babys dad is 7 yrs older than me and hes very mature and serious ..so ive never had a problem with that..
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• OMG YES!!!! he can be such an immature dick sometimes!!!! (i'm 19 he was 20) i feel like i'm 20 years older- sometimes it's like i have 2 babies to raise, he ca be responsible, but i think that men are just immature till they're like 30.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It just happens like that. Women have to mature faster because we are the ones who do all the work. But too, I guess it depends on the kind of man you have. Mines has always been a responsible man and took care of his. And some men like to depend on the woman alot cause thats the way she lets it happen. Have you put your foot down and let him know whats up? If you dont like the way you are living, do something about it before it gets worse.
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2009