Ever miss dialed a number and got THIS on the other end of the line?!?

I was at work one day on break at my desk having lunch and I needed to call my sister. Her number is toll free at her office out of state, so I had the phone on speaker after I dialed it and took a bite of my sandwich and I heard nothing.....then it rang, it was not THAT loud but trust me...it was loud enough...& before I could hit the END CALL button....I heard this:

1-888-376-5878

I almost choked and died at my desk! My supervisor was over in the next cubicle
and she said," Oh My Gosh!" She stood up and looked over the wall at me.

I was mortified! I said," I miss dialed calling my sisters 800 number at her office!"

She said,"Well I should HOPE it WAS a wrong number!" We're all cool in the office, but I totally got her number wrong..I was not paying attention & I was SO off on the digits!

I like the part where she says she likes credit cards of all types!

They called me Big Boy after that all week!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HaHaHa Oops! Big boy ;o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I tell ya what......it was too funny. AFTER the fact!

I told everyone that we all make mistakes dialing.......and from there after I never used speaker phone.

I once dialed the wrong number and when they answered the line you heard this recording of a woman moaning and groaning.
    Again I was at work.........but it was not on speaker.

Guess there is something with me and those dang 888 and 800 numbers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Oh.... I might add........when I had called the wrong number the other time and I heard the moaning and groaning......she said,"Mmmmmm get it HOT and WET baby! Only $4.95 for the first 3 minutes, just stay on the line and we'll take that credit card information from you and give you the ride of your life, only $2.95 per minute after! That's right baby! Me and my girlfriends will fulfill your wildest fantasy, so come on and let's get hot and wet now baby!"

I busted out laughing and thought....Yep, that'll be some ride all right! Damn! Im in the wrong line of work! I can work there and get paid $4.95 for the first 3 minutes and $2.95 a minute after!!!Heck yeah!

YES I remember what that recording said cause it was so hilarious I phoned it a few times...Its funny how they used the words, hot , wet and used baby a few times!

Sad at how people actually call and waste their money. get a video & help yourself for free!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Me & my hubs just cracked up over that!! I dialed it & put it on speaker & he looked over with this "WTF???" look on his face LOL!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• OMG...I think I would have injured myself some how trying to hang up. LOL
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 3:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• One of those is one digit off from a bank 800 number I use frequently, and I am always transposing the dang numbers. Gah.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• That is hilarious! ..Big Boy. ;P lmbo.

When I worked at Blockbuster, I gave a customer (who, thankfully, was becoming a good friend of mine) the number for the online program customer service line and I THOUGHT I knew it by heart. She left, only to come back in a couple minutes later and told me "Um, that number was NOT Blockbuster..I DON'T want a good time!" I called it from my cell right then and there and sure enough - it was a phone sex line. Yeah..I made sure to ALWAYS look at the number after that! haha. At least she thought it was funny..and it didn't happen with a customer I wasn't friends with - yikes.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 6:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I was going to call my SO's work, using thier 800 number one time. Instead of dialing their number I dialed 800 plus our own phone number. It was one of those dating services.

jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 7:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Am I missing something? I get the story...sort of....Am I supposed to recognize the number itself? Everyone in the office recognized the number itself? What am I missing here....I read it several times and I must be missing something!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009