NEED to scan alot of bills, anyone can recommend

a quick, and easy to use scanner, im hoarding alot of papers, because im afraid to throw away anything, i was told to use a scanner, so please i need help finding the quickest, and very easy to use scanner. i have about 30 pounds of papers, and i will throw some out but dont want to hoard anymore. please, i need to be a ble to scan in between takeing care of 3 children.
THANK YOU ALL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Shopping

• Epson makes one that is about 100. It is a copy/scanner/fax. I love ours. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My HP all in one is great. Epson and Lexmark are also good. Scanner technology has gotten pretty good, so it's hard to go wrong. The real issue is what will work with YOUR computer.

Also be aware that most companies allow you to access your bills online...so you may be duplicating work.

Do be sure to shred the old stuff. With that much paper, it will be worth your while to go to a shredding company instead of buying your own at this time, since you have to feed only a couple of papers at a time.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I throw away all Utility bills cause I have never needed them again and you can use your checking account to see how much your previous utilites are so be sure to trash them unless you need them for a home business. If stuff is older than a yr old you may be able to trash it too. Good for you for clearing all that out of your life. Not sure which scanner to tell you but pitch all you can cause you will feel better not having to look at it anymore!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Keep income tax paper records for 6 years.  I don't keep old utilities bills.  Every years I start new.  I do heavy duty shredding once a year.  Invest in a good shredder. 

Anonymous