daughter just told me boyfriend cheated on her

about a year ago they were fighting and he felt there was something missing and went to her friend she was more than happy to help him feel better. she waited a year and called daughter to tell her.he said yes he had sex with her and was sorry and wanted to forget about it. I believe he has done this several times on her and my concern is that she is willing to forgive him, What can i do to get her to see she is better than this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Unfortunately no one learns from others experience, you can advice her that this man will continue doing this, and that trust is essential for any relationship to survive.

Answer by older at 7:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i agree, she has the learn and see things for herlsef. i was around her age and with someone for 3 years and he cheated on me, i eventualy got over him and found someone new.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• All you can do is be there for her. Let her figure it out for herself.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• As hard as it is to stand by and watch someone mistreat your daughter, you must step back and let her see it for herself. Be supportive (even if you have to bite your tongue) but not critical of her decision to stay with him. Eventually your love and support for her will be her strength once she sees him for herself.
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 12:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• She has to arrive to that decision on her own and it will only come after several hard blows of hard reality.

Anonymous

• Allowing her to learn to forgive isn't a bad thing. I would; however, teach her that constant repetition of bad behavior should be a deal breaker in any relationship.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2009