Sexlife broken after baby?

This should be a fun question!

I had a very difficult delivery of my now 3 month old son. Although I delivered in the water (I was not supposed to tear) I experienced a large amount of damage. I received a number of stitches, internal and external, and within 2 weeks all my external stitches tore and I was put on antibiotics to keep infection at bay. My OB told me NO SEX for 6 weeks....period! We followed the rules and attempted sex again after the time was up. The pain was comparable to natural childbirth!

I have done some research that some people experience a little discomfort however, what I experience is torture! Sex is no longer enjoyable but a painful act of service that involves tears and loss of hope on both ends and my husband feels awful for putting me in so much pain.

I have an appointment scheduled for Jan 18th, but still need some advice so I know what to talk to her about!

PLEASE HELP! Am I 4ever broken?

EricaPotter

Asked by EricaPotter at 2:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like they botched the repair job as well as the delivery. You tell the doc EXACTLY what you wrote here.

NO, you are not broken forever. Although your relationship with that OB probably should be.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• What she said...and remember that you only had baby 3 months ago. That fact, along with a bad repair job, means...GIVE YOUR BODY TIME TO HEAL!!! And maybe hold off on intercourse until it does, cuz you don't want your body subconciously (sp?) associating sex with pain.
    SweetpeaAK

Answer by SweetpeaAK at 3:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• my baby is 18months and it still hurts just a little now. i didnt tear but i was cut and had internal and external stitches.he cut me 3 times down there. and sex hurt bad. i found its better after u take a hot shower or bath, it softens ur skin also down there and it doesnt hurt so much,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Did you have sex prior to the 6 weeks? When you said your stitches first tore? I tore inside and out, also. My daughter is 4 months and sex still hurts me but not that bad. It definitely doesn't feel comparable to childbirth. Are you using lube? Are you breastfeeding? Breastfeeding can make you dry.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2009