how do i stop my two year old from bedwetting

oada

Asked by oada at 2:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wait for him to grow. Bedwetting is common up to age ten.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My 3yo (just turned 3 in oct, so the majority of this next bit was when he was 2!) has this problem still. In the summer he was really good about not bed wetting, but as soon as it started getting cold out he started wetting the bed. I dont know if its too hot or too cold in his room and thats why, but I started putting him in diapers for bedtime. If he goes to bed at 8pm, dont give him anything to drink after 7pm, make sure he goes potty before bed. If you really want to wake him up, wake him when you go to bed, like 10pm and ask if he has to go. If you or dh is like my dh and has to get up at 5am wake him then and ask if he needs to go. 5am is about the time my son always wets the bed. But thats a lot of waking the poor kid up, so as I said before, I just put him in a diaper at bed time. Sometimes he doesnt wet the diaper, and sometimes theres enough pee in there I know he went twice.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i never give my daughter anything to drink after 6pm..shes in bed by 730-8ish, i wake her up at around midnight to go pee, and then she gos right back to sleep..thats what works for us..you just need to figur eout what works best for you guys and stick to it.

alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Two is very young to go an entire night without urinating. Put him/her in a diaper or training pants at night. There is not reason for everyone to feel badly every morning.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Put him in a pullup or diaper! he is two!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Put him in a night diaper or night pull up. My 3yr old still wets at night (hence night diapers), and my older 2 boys both wet the bed till they were 11/12yrs old (which their pediatrician said it is not uncommon for kids to wet at night -due to deep sleep, or immature bladders).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You don't! You put him in night diapers or night pull ups and wait for him to grow out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My otherwise fully potty trained 4 year old still wears a diaper at night. It's just something that happens when they're ready.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You cant expect a two year old to do that, the child is simply too young for that.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2009