Is it normal?

Since giving birth to my 10 month old daughter I just dont feel like having sex anymore? WTF is wrong with me!!!????? Sometimes I just feel too tired but other times I'm just not interested. Before having my daughter my husband and I were like teenage kids with hormones running wild. I feel bad that I'm never in the mood anymore. Is something wrong with me like medically. Should I see a doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• It is totally normal...way after I had my daughter I had no sex drive at all and was literally disgusted every time my hubby touched me in a sexual way I was tired and stressed all the time. I didn't get my sex drive back all the way to where I actually enjoyed sex until after I had my son and he's only 7 months old and my daughter is 2 1/2. Hubby and I were like two teenagers also before we had our daughter but once we had her our sex life slowed down a whole lot. Have you talked to your hubby about it?
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 3:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• welcome to parent hood honey lol, its normal u guys just need to make sure u have one on one time together once a week or fortnight. do u have any family around that can take bubs for a night here or there? it will help. :)
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 5:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I don't think it is normal at all. I remember that after the birth of all three of my children, I had a very hard time waiting until the doctor gave us the okay to resume intimacy. I think there are other factors affecting your sexual desire. They are most likely emotional in nature. Perhaps you are angry with your husband about something he is doing or not doing. Maybe he is not being as supportive of your new role as you would like. Maybe you resent that he is still free to do pretty much as he pleases while you feel that your wings have been clipped. It could be any number of reasons, but I seriously don't think it is hormonal. This is a relatively new complaint from women who have given birth. I am 63 years old and I can honestly say that I never heard anyone of my generation say that lack of sexual desire was a problem in their marriages. It certainly was not in my own, so I do not think it is normal.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Nothing is wrong with you, in fact you are more normal than you think. If your desire to have sex does not return then you should seek help from your Dr. (gyno) who can help you! No worries right now though, it takes a year sometimes for your hormones to go back to normal, at which time everything should fall into place for you. In m y case my hormones and desire to have sex have just recently returned as of about a month ago...my son is now a little over a year old. So just sit back and relax and enjoy your little one, and if you are worried about your hubby being neglected or feeling lonely there are other things you can do for him in the mean time until you get back to yourself physically!
    PrincessJenna

Answer by PrincessJenna at 12:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• although it is not uncommon i would still talk to the dr about it sometimes there are medical reasons for it, part of it maybe out of fear if your child wasnt planned, the fear of getting pregnant again, it can stem from that even if the child was planned, good luck and def talk to your dr atleast your hubby will see your making an effort to find a solution
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2009