Do You Know The Reason For Then Season?

It saddens my heart to know so many that do not reconize Jesus and who he is! I think about back when Jesus walked on this earth healing teaching raising the dead to life again made the blind man see the cripple to walk.. And He gave us all life he created each of us.. Hes loving , hes caring, hes forgiving... Please no bashing, Jesus is the reason for the season...I pray that all that do not believe this comes to know the truth before its to late, as the time is near, for the bible tells me so....

sweethonesty520

Asked by sweethonesty520 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

• I will answer my own question first , yes glory to God i know who Jesus is and what he did for me .. He died on the cross so that i can be forgiven of my sins.. Its the gospel . the truth shall set us all free...Jesus says deny me here and i shall deny you from my father

sweethonesty520

Answer by sweethonesty520 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You do know that even if they don't know him, he knows them? God has plans for everyone. Everything was written from the beginning. Do not fear or be sad, that is not of God.
    The reason for the SEASON is WINTER. Jesus and his birth is incredible and magnificent and cannot be contained in one day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Not only christians celebrate this time of year. There is Hannukah, Yule, Kwanzaa. Lets not get arrogant and forget that there are many other beliefs and not just one.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The church compromising to ease relations with Greek and roman religions and mythology originally. Today its an excuse to indulge ourselves and others generally but socially the reason is MONEY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry you are so concerned. Try to relax and just enjoy your holiday season. The rest of us can take care of ourselves.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• " The church compromising to ease relations with Greek and roman religions and mythology originally. Today its an excuse to indulge ourselves and others generally but socially the reason is MONEY "

I hate to say it but THIS is becoming what Christmas is all about.!! I love "Charlie Brown Christmas" just b/c it shows just this!!
    regarding Hannuka(sry not a speller), Kwanza, etc. YOU aren't celebrating Christmas. Those are different holidays celebrated at the same time. Do you buy Christmas gifts or (here we go again) hannuka gifts...see the difference?

Christmas is the time when Christians are supposed to celebratethe birth of our Saviour not worry about spending $200 on Aunt Sue so we need to spend that much on Uncle Fred too oh & don't forget aunt Dorothy.... NO Jesus is the reason for Christmas. Happy H (wont try again), Happy Kwanza, Yuletide greetings. Merry Christmas.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You are condescending and push your beliefs on non-Christians and then have the nerve to ask that no one bashes you!

Yeah good luck that!

You can take your religion and shove it up your arse!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Jesus isn't the reason for the season....Jesus is the reason for the holiday season

God's loyalty to His people is the reason for the Hanukkah season (which pre-dates Christianity)

The birth of the god and the hope of new light and the spring to come is the reason for the Yule season(which pre-dates Christianity) 

The equinoxis the reason for the Solstice season (which pre-dates Christianity)

I'm not sure the reason for the Eid season, but I know it's not Jesus

Jesus wasn't even born in Dec., there is evidence that Harods census was in the spring - around May. That should be when his birthday is celebrated...but the Christians wanted to replace the pagan festival of the birth of the god, so they made Christmas around Yule

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The reasons for my season (365 days of the year really), are many. The main reason is life. I am blessed with life...and in that life, I am blessed with family. In that life, I am blessed with a wonderful spirituality (Pagan UU Panentheist), which brings me joy and happiness...connections to the divine and the rest of humanity. The reason for my Yule tide celebrations are family, friends, the coming of the sunshine soon...the coming end of cold winter, and the blooming of sacred flowers. The reason for my Yuletide has nothing to do with your Jesus...but I am happy for you that your reason for the season gives you something to love, honor, and cherish. Mine does too...so we are all blessed and happy.
    Merry Christmas to you, since that is the celebration you have.
    Arianna
    Arianna

Answer by Arianna at 6:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2009