How rude is this?! Would you tell off your SIL?

DH is leaving on Christmas Day to go to Iraq for a year. His Mom wanted to do Christmas celebration before he left. Since SIL insisted this year that we were going to her house for Christmas, MIL wanted to get her to reschedule. BIL's wife called SIL and said, "your Mom wants to do Christmas before your brother leaves, so she's asking to get together Sunday." Before she could finish, SIL got rude and asked why she just found out. We've known he was leaving, but MIL decided last minute she wanted to reschedule gathering so DH could be here. SIL said,"well we have plans!" Her "plans" are to go to casinos & clubs 45 minutes away, and stay the night there with her live in BF. They did that same thing just last weekend. She'd rather go clubbing again than have a Christmas with her brother? I'm tempted to tell her to kiss my @ss and just have it at our house, since she's so "busy." Would you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She needs to be reminded that part of the reasons she is able to partake in those activities is because her brother and many other people like him are risking their lives to keep it that way. Shame on her. I'd do Christmas with my family and I wouldn't worry about whether she was there or not. She needs a reality check.
    mamaraylene

Answer by mamaraylene at 9:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• YUP. And tell your hubby thanks.:) and thank you for your sacrifice as well.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 3:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Although he isn't in the military, I still think he deserves the thanks. LOL. He is going over there as a contractor, but he is making sacrifices, too. He will be repairing military vehicles, and he'll be working right alongside military workers. So he is helping keep soldiers safe. Some people (like my SIL) think its stupid to go, but he wants to take care of us and the job pays a lot of money. Our kids are going to have so many opportunities that they wouldn't have if he wasn't going. I'm so proud of him, but I am going to miss him terribly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Hmm, sounds like some family member I know. Anyways, if she can't give up doing something that she seems to do quite often, her loss. Go to your MIL's and have a wonderful family day, even if SIL doesn't show. Hopefully she will realize she is being selfish before it's too late. If he is leaving Christmas day, and she wants to have something at her house on that same day, I say scr*w her and stay home with hubby and your kids to enjoy as much time together as possible.
    Ethanmom

Answer by Ethanmom at 3:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I am probably going to call everyone but her tomorrow and tell them that they can come to our house. We have a large living room, so everyone can fit comfortably. If she asks why we didn't tell her, I'll tell her because we thought she had "plans."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Go ahead and do the family Christmas with your husband. She made her choice and she can live with it. There isn't any reason to tell her off. Just do the Christmas. I hope things go well for your DH and that he stays safe and returns safely to you.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Well, the only reason I would want to tell her what I think about this situation, is because her selfishness and rude attitude has ruined many holidays and parties in the 10 years I've been married to her brother. Its all about her, and I'm sick of it. BIL's wife is, too. Most the time, my in laws cater to her without a thought about anyone else. Letting her plan holiday gatherings based on her needs only. I'm done with trying to please her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• YES! What a selfish bitch! She should be ashamed of herself, adding this drama to the stress of having a loved one deploy. You guys do your thing without her.

And please thank your DH for his service. I always pray for our soldiers (I'm Canadian but I consider US and Canadian soldiers "our soldiers"). I wish him safety and a fast return home to his loved ones.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 4:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I'd send her a copy of the country song "kiss this" and do it at your house. What a BITCH!!! Her brother is going to war & HER plans can't change? Give DH a HUGE hug for me. Tell my family will pray for him. Pllease keep us posted on him. Since I'm a Navy vet, he's a little brother & I worry about all of them!! HUgs to you honey!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Go ahead without her.... If your dh SOMEHOW SOMEWAY ends up in Afghanistan.. have give my dh a hug... lol.
    dre_bunny

Answer by dre_bunny at 5:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009