How do you make your deviled eggs?

I have a basic recipe but am looking for something new. Do any of you use horseradish in them?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 6:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Mine are usually the first to disappear at family get togethers. I use Miracle Whip instead of mayo and the following seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika or regular paprika, a little chilli powder, and curry powder. Whip up the yokes nice and smooth and stuff the eggs, then sprinkle with a tiny bit of paprika for color.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 7:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I dont have exact measurements, I just kinda go by taste but I add mayo and a bit of mustard to the egg yolks. then I fry and dice bacon and put it in the yolk mixture. sprinkle paprika on the top
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I put the egg yokes in a bowl and add mayo, sweet relish, mustard, an a hint of horseradish sounds good. I have never tried the horseradish in my deviled eggs before, but it sounds great. Adding bacon with the horseradish would give it some zest. LOL... I also add paprika with the yokes too. Sprinkle the deviled eggs and chill. Just taste before severing. LOL... You don't want to be known as the person with hot deviled eggs. LOL... I'm sure they will turn out great. Give it a try. Good luck!
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I use miracle whip, mustard, salt, pepper, crushed bacon and tomato cut very small.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Ranch dressing, salt, pepper, diced green olives and dill pickles topped with chili powder
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have done it several ways...
    with sweet relish
    with dill relish
    with ranch dressing instead of Miracle whip..
    I have added a touch of spiced mustard, plan mustard or no mustard
    I garnish with either a sprinkle of paprika or parsley leafs...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Mine are good but pretty basic. It's one of the few foods I make well. I use mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper, with paprika on top. Sometimes shredded crab meat, which is pretty tasty.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• yes I use horseradish in mine, I would use the prepared version though, I used the root once and about sent everyone to the fire station--LOL, Do you have any ideas how to get your eggs to peel better? I know that using older eggs is supposed to help, but 50% of the time, i have to ditch some eggs because when I peel them they white part comes away too!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• "Do you have any ideas how to get your eggs to peel better? I know that using older eggs is supposed to help, but 50% of the time, i have to ditch some eggs because when I peel them they white part comes away too!"
    As per Alton Brown on "Good Eats"-boiling the eggs with corse Kosher salt or corse sea salt should help. Also. Try peeling them while they're still warm.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 11:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• im simple- mayo, salt and pepper, little vinegar or pickle juice. thats it.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2009