are there foods the bible says christians shouldnt eat?

NoseyMama

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We're not allowed to eat babies. Other than that, I think it's all permissable. Remember the vision that St. Peter had in the book of Acts, I think it was? About how Peter was angry that people were eating stuff that according to Jewish tradition was unclean-but with the vision, God told him that he makes ALL things clean. I'm not positive.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 7:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• According to Paul, Christians can eat whatever they want - even food that has been sacrificed, prayed over or offered up to/by the name of Pagan gods. Jesus however upheld the laws, he said the law should be upheld until the earth has disappeared...I think the earth is still here. So, I think we should still follow the laws, as did the disciples who knew, learned and taught with Jesus. Paul, who never knew Jesus came up with all the changing of the Good News sect of Judaism into Christianity, which mirrors paganism in more ways than one.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Pork, for some reason.

Answer by louise2 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Timothy 4:1-3 "However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time (2Tim 4:3) some will fall away from the faith, . . . , by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, . . . ; forbidding to marry, commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth."

Acts 15:20 "to write them to abstain from . . . from what is strangled and from blood."

All food is acceptable for a Christian to eat so long as it has been allowed to bleed (common meat preparation does this, with the animal held upside down when its throat is cut) and/or no blood has been added.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 8:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Ive never understood the food issue but I am pretty sure we should not eat each other....yeah. I like Cosymama's answer....Thanks!

I have thought about this....After Armageddon comes and we are settling into things on Earth (thats where I think we will remain) we probably will be eating friuts, veggies, and grain and not meat. Not sure but l have been pondering.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think that way too 3giggle -- if you check the bible carefully, God gives Adam and eve the fruits and plants to eat, it isn't until after the flood that God gives Noah and his descendants permission to eat meat. So, I think when the earth is returned to the way it was meant to be after the final judgement that there will be no death -- and that includes not eating meat. But for now, God said we could.

OP, in the Old Testament, God said not to eat meat unless the hooves were split and it chewed its cud, and not to eat fish unless it had fins and gills. In the New Testament, Paul says that these laws no longer apply to Christians -- they never really applied to anyone but the Jews -- even Jews think this. But, if you look at it medically, nutritionally, health wise -- it is best not to eat Pork.

Anonymous

• Cool anon. Thanks!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Sudden thought. My answer was relating to Christian food restrictions, not Jewish, as that's all you asked about.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 12:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• before Jesus died there were food restrictions, but it is through his blood all is made clean.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

------------------------------
    That's an interesting concept. I have never studied it before, but it makes sense. Wasn't it David who asked for only veggies and water once and he became stronger than the others who ate meat? (I will have to look to remember exactly what I am talking about...lol) ~ Kinda makes you wonder about how God designed our bodies to eat, huh? ... But, I am a carnivore until I discover otherwise =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009