Tell me how in the heck can someone on PA afford a wii system.

Tell me how in the heck can someone on PA afford a wii system. like to see how that work. maybe my husband should quit his job and go on PA so we can afford a Wii system. shouldn't people pay for their on food rather than buy a game system.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you know for sure they bought it themselves?It could of been a gift.If they did buy it themselves,maybe they should re-figure there budget as it appears that they can afford food.(I know those things are expensive)
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Stop drinking that haterade......its showing. Just have yourself a happy holidays. Is it worth it getting mad over it? Your sitting here venting and feeling jealous about this while that very same person is off somewhere enjoying their Wii game to the fullest. Get over it, you don't even know all the details.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• As much as I agree that if you are on PA you should really rethink your priorities there are people that "donate" these things. I mean have you not see lists these charities put out? They ASK for these video game consoles.
    So there is a chance a big chance they did not buy it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It might have been gifted to them. On the other hand. Once they get the money every month, they can spend it anyway they want.
    How would you like it if I came to you and told you not to buy things. Just because I didn't like how spent your money.

Answer by louise2 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• the same way anyone does, they budget their 'monthly income' to afford whatever it is, be it a wii, wheels for the car, pricey clothing, getting their nails/toes done, consuming alcohol you can't afford, or using the newest cell phone!

anything's possible, but i hear ya, op.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• hmm... well, maybe they sold something to buy it? Im not on PA but my dh doesnt make a ton of money and Im a SAHM and my DD wanted a wii for christmas, so we sold some things on craigslist to buy her one, and the one we got was off craigslist.... maybe thats how? My mom was on PA when we were growing up, and she was a single mom. We always got good stuff for xmas, but only because my mom knew how to shop... usually garage sales.... she didnt get welfare checks, but she got food stamps and we were on medicaid. We usually got the cool stuff other people got because my mom was really good at finding deals, or selling something. Sacrifices we make for our children.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Ever think that maybe they had the game system before the family had to go on PA? It happens, y'know. We have a Wii gaming system and DH just signed up for unemployment this past Monday b/c he got laid off for the first time in years (he's in construction & work has been s-l-o-o-o-w). If he's off for too long, we may end up on PA because the bills keep coming in even though our income at the moment is negligible. What would you have us do, sell the Wii system for pennies on the dollar so that we can purchase a bag of groceries? I'm sure that would go over well with the kiddies, especially when they have nothing else to do with us living tight and the weather so bad they can't go outside. At least playing with the Wii gets them some exercise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have never been on PA so I don't know much about the requirements/rules/ or how it works. As for a Wii-- yes they can be costly ( especially when you add in all the games and accessories) but why is it YOUR business if someone on PA has a Wii or how they got it? My kids have a Wii-- my mil bought it last year and gave it to my kids--- it was nice of her as I sure as heck could not afford to buy the Wii and all the stuff she had for it. Maybe your "PA" people got it as a gift, maybe they had it before they got PA, maybe they sold stuff so they could afford to buy it, maybe they are borrowing it from someone, maybe they saved up their money and bought it......
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You have no idea how they afforded it. Perhaps they saved a little each month, perhaps it was a gift, perhapes they are foolish with their money. But what is it to you? How has it harmed you? Do you really think the majority of people on PA have so much? Get over your pity party and enjoy the good you do have.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My sister is on PA she is a lazy person who thinks the world owes her everything. Her boyfriend lives with her which is illegal since she is in Section 8 housing. She gets cash assistance and 900 in food stamps. She has every toy you can imagine but come Christmas she is asking me for money so she can buy her kids stuff. I told her no she could sell one of her expensive toys and provide for her own children. She was mad and told me her kids would know it was my fault they had a bad Christmas. I said go for it your kids know you are lazy and that it is your fault. Two of her older kids live with me the younger ones want to as well. You go into her building everyone has expensive clothes and expensive crap in their free housing. Many work under the table others have people living with them illegally. I wished it was isolated but it isn't. I have reported my sister nothing is done. So pathetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009