Submissive wife?

I see on profiles "submissive wife". Since the profiles also reference "Christian home" I guess it is not the dominate/submissive sex thing.
So what is it and why do you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I realize not all men are like this, I have 3 ex husbands that prove it.

OMG! So, until you became a submissive your husbands cheated on you? That says quite a bit about you and the men you pick. If you need to be submissive to keep a man, then so be it-but why bring God into it.
    Anonymous

• i feel being a submissive wife means trusting your husband fully to make major decisions. as a submissive wife, i have had to stand by my man as i saw him making some decisions (mostly financial) that i felt were not in our best interest. i dont go into a frenzy when i see he is not perfect. i keep my complaints to myself, as i am not perfect either. letting my husband make his own mistakes without me belittling him or getting angry at him has helped him to learn when he has been wrong on his own. so early on in the marriage he has already developed a better sense of what some better choices are. if i had been the one to tell him, chances are he would rebel and it would be a vicious circle that never ends. also as a submissive wife i make sure he his home is clean, comfortable, and there is a good meal on the table. he is a hard worker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It is based on the Biblical model for marriage with the husband being the head of the home and the wife being his helpmeet. It is designed to encourage order in the home. It does not mean that the wife is not just as valuable as her husband nor that her role is not just as important. The Bible plainly states that the woman was created for the man and not the other way around. She is designed to complete him, to fill in the places where he may be weaker than she. It makes for a very calm and peaceful existence, especially in those instances where the husband fully understands his part, which is to love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave His very life for it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think, to some Christians, being a "submissive wife" means you let your husband do all the decision making. You let him have sex w/ you when he wants it, you cook for him when he wants it, you whipe his bum for him when he wants it. They do their wifely duties & don't demand or ask any questions from their husband. They are the slave wife & do ti because the bible says so.

Pretty much, it means you are your husbands slave. And somewhere in the bible, it says that women should be submissive to their husbands & grant them every wish they want, And they take that seriously. LAME, but that is just my personal opinion.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Sounds like men have taken quite a bit of time to pick and choose the parts of the bible that benefit them the most and elevate those passages. How do people pick which passages they honor and which they do not. There are some interesting things in the bible like- if your husband dies before you have a boy you must sleep with your brother in laws until you produce a male heir. We don't practice that, but other things we still do. This sounds like a socially acceptable form of male dominance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You don't have to be Christian to be submissive. There are a few groups on here that talk about it. One of my favorite members is a submissive wife. By what I understand you ultimately leave decisions up to your husband and you kinda act like a 50s wife where dinner is always on the table and made by you, you always get him drinks or whatever he wants at home, etc. You are not his slave though because the dominant one has to realize that you are equals and treat you with love and respect and not ask you to do things that you totally don't want to.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Wow!! We view marriage as an equal partnership.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• "You let him have sex w/ you when he wants it, you cook for him when he wants it, you whipe his bum for him when he wants it. They do their wifely duties & don't demand or ask any questions from their husband. They are the slave wife & do ti because the bible says so."
    -------------------
    Are you serious? Do you really think that we are slaves to our husbands????
    I LET my hubby be the head of the house. He is the final decision maker on important decisions, AFTER we have discussed it TOGETHER.... The only way I would wipe his butt for him, is if he was ill and physically uncapable to do it himself!!!
    ------------------
    My new favorite quote: "The man is the head of the house, but the wife is the neck and she can turn the head in the direction she wants it to go" =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Samurai Chica you are wrong. Being a submissive wife does NOT mean you are his slave. Good grief woman. Only a man of God is deserving of a submissive wife. If your husband is doing what they are suppose to be doing, working and providing for his family, making decisions in their best interest, loving and faithful to his wife, putting his family first before anything other than God, then that man deserves a submissive wife - a woman who will stand by his side and the decisions he makes for the family. You let your husband be the man and you be the woman. I am a submissive wife because my husband deserves it. I still work and earn money and make my own choices. My husband is the cook in our house so I am not a slave to the stove. He has total respect and trust for me, and I for him. Some of you have it so totally wrong about waiting on him hand foot, serving him his food and drink and having dinner on the table (cont)
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• when he gets home. If that's what you like doing and your schedule allows it, that's great. My husband is the head of the household. But we both work. I do the shopping, he does the cooking. I do the dishes, he does the vacuuming. We both do the laundry and we both make the bed. It is NOT about waiting on him hand and foot! Make a man feel like a child and you will have a childish husband. Make a man feel like a man and he will love you and take care of you forever. I realize not all men are like this, I have 3 ex husbands that prove it. They were not worthy of trust or a submissive wife and so I gave them a divorce!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2009