Convertable car seat

Hi I am looking for a good one. When I bought the infant seat I just trusted the store......Now I am asking in the right place. I am looking for safety first and price second. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Britex I think the name is. Its the most expensive one Imsure at like a target, But they are a wonderful product and very safe!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 8:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I would join the car seat safety group, but the two with the highest rear facing limits that also harness to 65 lbs are the First Years True Fit and the Graco MyRide 65
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• your safest seat will be the one that installs the best in your car is appropriate for your child's age, weight & height. join the carseat safety group, they will have a better idea of what you need.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have a britax. they are expensive but are very safe and go up to 65lbs. i love mine
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Hi- I just responded on your other post... one of the safest seats you can buy is a Britax... the downfall with them is that they have LOW rear facing limits compared to the standards of other seats. However, they are so wonderfully made. Sunshine Kids is a close second. They have steel alloy frames, and also go above and beyond other carseats. They have the HIGHEST rear facing limits-45lbs, then 80lbs in a 5pt harness. Graco MyRide65 is a great choice too... rear faces to 40 lbs. And a bit cheaper than the other 2 at $150. You need to get what fits in your car, so go to babies r us and try them out. Never buy used car seats either.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Cosco is very reasonably priced and consumer reports put it right up there with the expensive ones for safety ratings. They have a convertible high back one that then converts to a booster.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2009