Do you know your santa?

So I was @ the mall yesterday for the 1st time since this madness began & walked by Santa's Village. Now mind you I never believed in the man in the red suit but hadn't really thought bout it until this year cuz my dd's 7 mo & MIL was asking about pictures on Santa's lap. Well walking by I decided there's no way in HELL my dd will ever be forced to sit on some strange man's lap & take a picture. Why do we teach our kids all year to stay away from strangers but when the holidays roll around its ok? Frankly the only thing that came to mind when I saw santa was "Wow, what a great job for a pedophile!" Are you sure the santa in your mall isn't wanted in another state for molesting kids? How many places that hire santas do background checks, especially national ones? Has anybody else thought of this?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• who is trying to be hip and different? Anonymous, so you can call people stupid. nice!

Oh and hey, while you are being rude.... I have told my 4 yr old that there is no santa, its just a game people play. Have at it!
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• YES! Thank-you! This is exactly what I have been saying. I guess you are a scrooge like me!
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Here we go again- YES, deprive your child when they ASK to sit on his lap- FYI- he is not a stranger to them, he is a friend. DO you think he wants to molest your child? And yes, the Mall Santas have had background checks run in our area. I know you can google and find a Bad Santa, but you can find a Bad whatever you want- teacher, police officer.

Lighten up Momma- enjoy being a Momma- don't try too hard to be hip and different, it just makes you look stupid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• First of all anon I think its cowardly to post anon, if you have something to say then say it!!! 2nd of all my dd's only 7mo, she's not asking to sit on anyone's lap. 3rd I don't plan on teaching her that santa is a friend, I don't believe in Santa & don't celebrate Christmas, we celebrate Yule which is much older than Christmas so as far as being hip... Its not about him wanting to molest my child its about him returning to where he's staying that night & masturbating to the thought of my daughter or getting a stiffy while she's on his lap. My point w/ the background checks is that most of them are done locally & not nationally, the other adults like teacher our kids come into contact with have been better researched (though I do live in FL & there are constant stories on the news bout teachers molesting kids so...) I'm not trying to be hip & different, I'm trying to ensure my daughter reaches adulthood without being
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• one of the 1 in 3 girls that's sexually molested.
    Nyx7

• Our boys wanted to see Santa so they could tell him what they wanted. It wasn't forced, and never was, even when they were really little, if they didn't want to see him it didn't matter, they didn't have to. Everyone has an opinion on the subject, just like everything else, what some do may not be what you do so why try to convince everyone to believe what you believe? Believe me just because one Mom freaks out about something on here does not change how I view things. I read your post, and I know that whether our boys see Santa or not, I'm right there, they aren't ever alone with strangers so I feel our boys are safe.. I wouldn't let them be alone with Santa, or anyone else that I don't know...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Of course Santa MUST be a pedophile because no "normal" man would dress in a red suit and ask kids to sit in his lap. they must be sick people to want to do that. We should ban Santa all together to save the children. They might be molested while sitting on the lap of some guy in the mall while the parents are 2 feet away and finding out Santa isn't real will traumatize them for life. Santa is bad...get rid of him all together. And Christmas trees--get rid of them, too. They are a hazard...they could fall over, catch on fire, ornaments could break and hurt someone or could be choked on. Better just ban the whole holiday to make sure no child gets hurt. Children don't need Christmas anyway, it's not that fun. Who cares as long as the kids are "safe".
    This is a sad world to live in now a days. I would hate to be a kid with all the fun sucked out of everything.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Thanks for the sarcasm justanotherjen not my point & not where I was going w/ the ? though. We still celebrate & dd's getting plenty of gifts, fam time, & attention this holiday. Agree you can't protect them from everything & don't want to, part of the learning process are the "mistakes" we make along the way. As moms shouldn't we be protecting them against pedophiles? Whether they molest your child or not you are exposing them to someone who has evil intentions against kids. Personally I think that is one of the things we should be more vigalent about, if more parents paid closer attention to who's around their kids less would be molested. Part of the santa thing I have an issue w/ is that he IS a stranger no matter what he's dressed as & its okay to tell him what you want? Why? What other stranger do we put into this position of power?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• haha justanotherjen. I don't have any desire to ban christmas. I can do what I see fit with my kid without your approval and the same is likewise true. If you, and most other moms want their kids to visit santa, that is your right and none of my business. My opinion is for my family. And just because it is different, it does not mean it is wrong!

I don't like the inconsistancy of the whole, it's not okay to talk to strangers, but here, go sit on this strange guy's lap. Or don't take candy from strangers, but on halloween, go door to door asking strangers for candy. Have you ever been on the web site of sexual predators? I have and it is scary. They are everywhere. I will do what I think is best in order to keep my daughter safe. I am sure you feel you do the same. And maybe neither of us is wrong.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• What other stranger do we put into this position of power?

Relax a little. Every choice is not a matter of life and death and all of these decisions do not need to be made right now. Wait and see what you think in a few years and what your child is like. My older son LOVED Santa, talked about him constantly- wondered what his house was like, ect... My younger one couldn't have cared less. It seems like he did it to humor his older brother. The point is your child will guide you if you let them. As far as the child molester thing- I know its scary and you want to protect them but the fact is they are more likely to be molested by someone they know than a stranger. You will drive yourself crazy with all the "what ifs".... enjoy being a parent, relax and enjoy!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2009