wait till after missed period to take test?

There was an incident with hubby... we already have 2 kids and do not want more, I haven't gotten back on bc yet from last baby. I am paranoid about the incident! I shouldn't start a period yet until the end of the month, but I want to take a test now. If I am pregnant, will it show negative if I take it now? Do I HAVE to miss a period first to take the test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are several things you can do, How long ago was the incident? Less than 72 hours you can take the morning after pill, don't know what your beliefs are but that is an option, you can take a blood test if it has been more than 10 days, but not time for said period, you need to wait a couple of days after your period is missed to take the store bought test, good luck, I hope it turns out well!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes on a home test you should wait till day after missed period. Some say they can detect earlier but only about 70% correct.. I waited till the day after and got a very faint line so it might take even a few days after your missed period. Hope things go your way!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I know where you're coming from, I've got 3 kidsand hubby and I were done, then surprise, surprise, just found out I'm preggers w/ #4. Not thrilled, but dealing w/ it. Anyway, when you do take the test, you should try clear, blue,easy, because it is much less confusing! It says "PREGNANT" OR "NOT PREGNANT". Just a suggestion. I thought it was much easier.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i also know whrere you are comming from. We have 3 boys all around 18months apart. I had an IUD in for a year, then had a missed period so i took a test. It came back neg. then i missed another period and took another test that came back neg. So i waited a week and took another test and finally got a positive. I was 7 weeks preg by then. Now im almost 22 weeks preg with boy #4. I was not happy at firs because with having 3 youngs ones already and one with special needs 4 is going to be tough, but not forever. I look at it thirs way: soon i will have 4 helpers. Good luck and i hope you get the results you are looking for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2009