What do you use to clean your walls?

I don't need to go nuts scrubbing all my walls down, but there are places like behind the dining table, behind the trash can, and places like that where splatters and sticky things have kinda of accumulated that i really need to clean... I have tried to before but it takes the paint off the wall, and that's the problem. So what's a good way I can clean them, and a good cleaner i can use, anyone have any ideas? Thanks moms!

Juliebee81

Asked by Juliebee81 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Have you tried the Magic Eraser? That might work.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I make my own cleaning products, too chemically for me. Baking soda does wonders to scrub stuck things off, use a scrubby dish sponge for max effectiveness. To wash off the baking soda use water or I use (premixed & ready to go) 20 drops tea tree oil, 1/2 c lemon juice, fill half the bottle w/ vinegar & top off w/ water. Makes a great all nat cleaner & disinfectant.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i use the magic eraser too, but my walls are white.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• vinegar rocks at taking that stuff off. It breaks down the grime. Its taken off marker and all kinds of other creations that I have not been able to clean before.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I use a 50/50 mix of white vinegar & water - spray on, let soak a few minutes, then wipe down. If you want it to smell nice, add a few drops of lemon juice (fresh squeezed from a lemon, not the bottled kind), which will also add a bit of extra disinfectant power. For really grimey surfaces, you could try some baking soda & white vinegar or water, but you'll need to do extra rinsing to get off the baking soda residue that will be left behind (baking soda dries to a white film). Oh, and don't worry about the salad bowl smell from the white vinegar, it dissipates fairly quickly once it dries.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• my walls are taupe and i use the magic eraser too. actually i use it on everything. i love that thing.
    Anonymous