Were you able to find the PERFECT wedding dress, or did you settle for something you just kind of liked?

My wedding is 6 months away & i CANNOT for the life of me find a dress that i LOVE. I'm very bohemian & natural, & most wedding dress boutiques do not cater to that at all. I don't want something foofy, big or GLAMOROUS. Just something simple that looks beautiful on me.

How long did it take you to find the right dress IF you found it? Or did you settle for something that was "just OK" ?

How was your wedding dress shopping experience? (because mine sux so far)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I got mine at jc penny for$99. Not big and poofy, just simple and pretty, I couldnt handle the wedding shops. Try looking elsewhere.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• OP HERE;

WOW, guess i should check out some main stream stores $99 is AWESOME! Was it an actual wedding dress or an evening gown that could pass as a wedding dress?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It was a cotton white dress that was sleeveless and the bottom came out a little bit. I thought it was pretty, but like I said, it was simple. Not necessarily a wedding dress. But I am not so into fancy and I liked the simplicity. But I am sure you could find an evening gown that works also. I would say it was not an actual wedding dress, but i don't think lots of people walk around wearing dresses like that. I could re-wear it too if I wanted and that is a plus.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Thanks Allie! Best wedding dress advice i have gotten thus far!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• glad I could help
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I got mine from Annie Sez. It was about $110. I hated everything at the bridal stores. They were all overly princess type dresses. I didn't want to look a beaded mess!! I loved my dress and it was also comfortable, everyone asked where I got it. Go to a department store, and even if you find something you semi-like you still have a little time to have it altered. Good Luck :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• check local consignment shops, you'd be surprised what you find in there, also think about where you normal shop for your clothing and maybe ask if they know of anyplace that might have wedding dresses that are more your style. at one point i had found the greatest wedding dress, i was no where near getting married so i didnt buy it lol but my mom was with me so i tried it on and it was a very midevil type style for lack of better words but it was very simple it was something you would picture a midevil princess wearing not a cinderella princess lol they are out there try looking on line find a dress you like print the pic and take it to local wedding shops they maybe able to order something, you dont want to walk down the isle in something you dont feel comfy in or something that simply isnt you good luck
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I got married 2 months ago and got my dress for around $300. It was very simple - strapless, silk and very streamline. I wore a corset underneath so I had an hourglass shape with it. I wanted something super simple and was very pleased. Here's the website if you want to check it out.

http://ariadress.com/Desciptions/Desc102FA.htm
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2009