When trying to dicipline your child what do you do?

I used to use my hand on back of the hiney(my would hurt my hand by doing this sometimes I'd miss) as they gotten bigger I have used a belt that seemed to work for a bit but now they are immuned to it. I am now thinking of using a plastic spoon from the kitchen....lol J/K
I don't know what else to do :(
They are so bad but when daddy gets home I can relax....:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe you can sit them on the top of a hot burner? ok im J/K too.... :) what if you start taking things off of them? favorite toys or tv or whatever.
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• How old are the kids? That makes a difference
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My kids lose privledges and their things. My 9 year olds room was strippped to just her bed, bedding and pillows. She will have to earn everything back. This will be only her second time in getting this punishment. It was nearly 2 years ago when I had to do this. My kids don't mess around with us they know when we say to stop we mean business. I have never yelled or physically harmed my children ever and they listen. My daughter refused to clean her room told me no so I said fine don't clean it I will take everything away. She said do it and I did. She immediately knew she was in trouble and was apologizing. I told her she could earn it all back with kind words, helping around the house and showing respect to us. She has been a wonderful girl and said she didn't know what she was thinking she knew she would be punished.
    Anonymous

• My parents used a ping pong paddle. It made a real loud noise, but didn't hurt too bad. If we were REALLY bad, dad had a paddle they would use. I only got swatted a few times and I learned my lesson. If you don't have a paddle, maybe a wooden spoon?

My kids respond well to a pinch on the butt.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009