Do you support the govt health care bill?

I've been watching the debates and arguments for months now and see how much the American Public hates it. And then there is the whole issue about the public health care option, which looks like it will be dropped. And it's laughable to watch the Congress try to opt out of govt run healthcare, tells you just what kind of govt health care they plan on the rest of us getting. If you agree or disagree, do you think we need some type of public health care or insurance company reform? What would you like to see? To what extent do you think the govt should be involved in it? What about the issues of the govt paying for abortions and for illegals to get health care? (Please don't turn this into a total abortion debate, I only brought it up because it's one issue but seems to be important for some)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We do NOT want the government in our health care.
    What we do need insurance company reform. They should not be able to drop you if you get very sick.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have never been supportive of the govt. health care reform bills. Yes, I think we need reform, just not in the govt. package. I think there are smaller reforms they could accomplish that wouldn't cost a fraction of what they are proposing. Tort reform, opening restrictions to buy across state lines, and several more things that others will add to this post I am sure. As for abortion, I don't like taxpayers having to pay for it. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have Tricare for Life and Medicare ....I hope they don't change them. They are very good Government Health Care plans and I appreciate having the coverage. You can't imagine what it would be like for people who have NO health care. I hope the un-insured will be able to have coverage. That is all I am going to say about the issue.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Not at all supportive of this bill..I am very against government having control over our health care..yes some type or reform should happen..tort reform..insurance companies able to sell across state lines.The bill in the senate now is a joke imo our government has shown time and time again they tend to screw up anything they take control of ..this bill will line the pockets of Pharm companies something alot have said they are sick of..it will cost loads to us taxpayers even years before it is enacted..but will not do much if anything to help..it mandates all to purchase health insurance or be fined yearly for not doing so and possibly jail time for non compliance..it will cost physicians/hospitals more to purchase equipment and such which they will without a doubt push over onto us..The fact that congress refuses to take i for themselves and their famlies is another negative fact...I could go on but thats enough..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• As for illegals no I do not feel illegals should be covered...abortion no I do not think ot shpould be included or that I should have to pay for them
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The gov should not be in our healthcare! I am completly against the health care bill. I do agree with a insurance company reform. But the government should be trying to control our healthcare. Other countrys have tried it and it failed everywhere else. So what makes our government think it will work here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I mean should not be trying to control our healthcare sorry -10:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• As I said in my post a few minutes ago.....I have Government health care==Tricare for Life and Medicare....and they are great !!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes! I can't wait until they pass something. I have horrible insurance because of pre-existing conditions, and they are raising our premiums another $120 more per month starting in February. I can't get approval elsewhere so I'm just SOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It will be a bad, bad thing if the government controls our health care. Just wait and see. I'm so tired of discussing it, and trying to enlighten others. If and when it passes, everyone who supported it will be eating their words, I'm fairly positive of that. People don't UNDERSTAND. Just because we need some sort of health care reform, doesn't mean that we should have what is being proposed.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009