Why is it...some groups I belong to, 'let me in'....

Why is it some groups let me in and others say I don't have permission to enter? These are groups I've belonged to at least a year more.

lynz63

Asked by lynz63 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Technology

• maybe they dont like you anymore?? lol i have no idea, sorry...
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• some groups might have member filters on-- which means if you are not a 'regular' to the group(have not logged in for a while) you may have been 'kicked out' for not being inactive. I know in 1 group I am in there is a member filter, and the 1 group I own I considered putting a filter on...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Is it the whole group or just a certain forum, or what? If it's just a certain forum within a group, a lot of groups have an admin only forum where they can discuss things, or look over controversial posts or whatever. If it's a whole group, and it's saying you're not a member, then you need to reapply or something - you were too inactive to stay a member. If it says you're blocked or something, that means groups admins blocked you from the group for one reason or another. Your best bet would be to message the group owner and ask what the deal is.
    Anonymous