Can you spot a "knock-off" purse?

I bought a Louie Voutton purse and wallet and they look like the real thing but as I use it in public I feel like some people can tell I am using a fake...lol
How can I help disguise it alittle more...lol I love it though. I don't know if they look to see somehow if it is real or they are just simply admiring it.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can't tell the difference. But then again I'm not inspecting other peoples purse. And not to judge, but I can sometimes tell if the person looks like they can't afford a Louis, I can say it's a fake! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• lmao @ pp!

since i try not to carry one, and feel that its a waste of time to bring baggage with me everywhere i go (thats what cargo pockets are for)

far as spotting knock offs- well, i would have to agree with what pp said.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Um I personally have never cared what kind of purse or bag someone has. Names mean absolutely nothing to me, so NO I couldn't spot a knock off
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I can almost always tell the difference. If I looked at it up close, I could definitely spot a fake. Even in the best fakes, there are subtle differences from the real ones. Personally, I've never been able to carry a fake one. If I couldn't afford it, I simply would buy a cheaper purse.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i can tell the difference. But I honestly don't care what people are using. I think it's crazy to spend that much money on a stupid purse anyways. But i can tell the difference between real and fake mainly because I LOVE fashion. But it's not a big deal
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• well the fact that they are so expensive makes me automatically suspect, ANY time i see a random person with one, that its fake. but i have no way of telling! my friend used to have one that she claimed was real, and her family was rich so im sure it was. she would call it "louie" and made a HUGE scene when someone accidentally spilled beer in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• No offense to you, but I honestly don't care enough to take a second look.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I can't tell the difference. When I do see someone with a LV purse, real or fake, I shake my head and think of all that wasted money, whether they are rich or not, doesn't matter. But if a fancy purse is what it takes to make someone happy, then more power to her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have Coach and DB. I can spot a fake Coach. I get mine at the outlet store. Much less expensive!
    Anonymous

• Yes, people who actually spend the money on Louis Vuitton will spot a fake. If you care that much what people think then maybe you should spend the money on the real thing, learn how to spell his name and get rid of your knock off because it just makes you look trashy IMO
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009