Potty Training

So I don't want this to be a negitive things.

I think she is ready. She will come and tell me when she is going to pee and poop in her diaper. She does not like to sit in a wet/dirty diaper. The other day she come up took off her diaper laid down on the floor and put on her diaper.

So i got some cute undies for her. I have tryed to get her to sit on the potty chair. I tryed stickers, candy and tattoes. She just screams at me, "No Potty"

So I just put her on the potty. She is so mad at me.

Do I just keep doing that and having her yell at me. I really think that once she goes and gets her treat she will be so happy. but I just don't want it to be negitive.

Do I wait longer or keep doing what I'm doing? She will be 3 in Feb.

Raeann11

Asked by Raeann11 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Does she have her own chair or does she use the toilet? Why don't you try the other one.. LOL like if she has a potty chair, try using the toilet, if you use the toilet try getting her a potty chair. It will REALLY help if you get her involved somehow, let her pick something out for it, or what have you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Just wait. Wait until she turns 3 and try again. You don't want the potty to be a bad thing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• She has a potty chair. I have a pad under it and it is sitting in the living room. So she can watch a little TV to calm her down. A friend just suggested to give her a little treat(i gave her 4 chocolate chips) then as time goes to not give her one when she does sit. So she does not think she will get them ever time she sits. She said this will give her time to get use to know she has to sit on the potty and make it a little more fun. I also went and found a book she likes and will read that to her too.

She picked out her own underware. The potty is from our first child. She is treiffed of the big potty.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't give her treats in association with the potty, she will come to expect it every time.
    What we did with our son is this: It may seem gross... but it worked!... For the firs week or so, the potty stayed in the living room where we were. During the day, I kept pants and a diaper off of him completely, he was bottomless completely. I gave him a TON of water those first several days, so he would have to go more than normal. Then, he wouldn't have a choice, he would have to go on the potty, or all over himself. Let me tell you, that only happened 1 or 2 times! The underwear gives them a sense that they still have something on their bottom that will catch stuff. With nothing, they know it has to go somewhere.
    For us, it was summer time, so it was warm. I don't know if your house would be warm enough this time of year... but it really worked for us!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Thank you

She likes to run around in her diaper in this below zero weather. We try and keep the house temp at 72 to 75. I can make sure it stays at 75 for her so she can run around completely naked. It is so hard to know what is the best. But it is nice to see what everyone else is doing and see what works best for her and us.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009