KIDNEY STONES DURING PREGNANCY...

I had kidney stones with my 1st pregnancy at 28 weeks until i gave birth. I had stents put in and had lithrotripsy done and it put me into preterm labor...very scary. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with my 2nd daughter and Im terrified that history will repeat itself...has anyone else had kidney stones with a pregnancy then again with he following pregnancy???

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 10:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've got gallbladder diease but I've never had Kindey stones. I'm sorry Good luck!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i had severe kidney stones with my pregnancy!!!! seven were caught in there when they finally put my stints in. i had to wait till i gave birth to get rid of those, not to mention the ones i passed before the stints. i really hope it doesn't happen again to you, but my nurse said she had seen people with it before and it tends to get WORSE with each pregnancy. again, good luck!!! i wouldn't wish what happened to me on my worst enemy.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I also had kidney stones and stents with my first pregnancy. Mine started at 4 months and lasted the entire next 5 months before having to be induced due to another attack. I had 2 lithotripsies done afterwards. I am currenty 17 weeks pregnant with my second and my family (and myself) were all a bit shocked I was doing it again! (lol) It was honestly like hell, as I am sure you know. I have already passed 1 small stone, but it wasn't bad at all, as it was small. I asked my urologists advice and had xrays before I started to ttc, and I had a lot of small stones in my kidneys at that time. He said that due to the lithotripsies, they were smaller than the ones I passed in my 1st, and I shouldn't have as many problems. Hopefully you are in the same boat. I also worry that more larger ones will start to form during the pregnancy, but I SO wanted another baby! Best of luck to you! PM if you ever want to talk!
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 12:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009