How can I make my kitchen look bigger?

Its has the dark wood cabinets it has fruity wallpaper on the walls (all this from the previous owner) but I have no idea what I would want we just recently bought a really nice fridge (stainless steel) now I feel like I need to really do something in the kitchen...I want it to look nice and inviting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• well you can start by redoing the walls- i dont know how hard it is to take off wallpaper and then paint over, but choose a nice soft bright color. and make sure the countertops arent loaded with electronics- just keep things on there that you use very often. hope it helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• If you have the tme and energy, I would paint all of the cabinets white and buy some nice hardware/knobs/etc in a stainless steel to match the new fridge......Definitely strip the wallpaper and paint the walls an fairly light, somewhat neutral shade.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• clear any clutter
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• If you want it to look bigger, put mirrors in there. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• yeah im not into the fruity wallpaper, maybe the print makes the room look so busy the walls are the focal point and when you enter the kitchen, the draw towards the wallpaper and nothing else. there's a way to take it off (dont know how) but if thats what your thinking i think you can go from there, it'll all make more sense if your thinking it can be removed
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• strip the wallpaper or paint over it, it can be done, just use oil based primer and latex paint, (make sure you ventilate well.) Paint the cabinets or sand and restain a light color. if you have a large table, try getting a small one and just limit the amount of appliances on countertops. try not to have stuff all over the fridge, that makes the kitchen look cluttered.
    Anonymous

• I agree with decluttering-worked for me....
    Try hanging a mirror-did that in our living room, made room instantly bigger!
    NICNLV

Answer by NICNLV at 3:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2009