Is it safe to paint while pregnant?

I've seen people ask this question before but never looked at the answers bc I had no reason to paint while I was pregnant, but we will be moving into our new house in a few weeks and I'm needing to paint. I'm 33 weeks right now. I tried to Google it, but it was about 50/50 on the answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats a BIG NO!! I mean check with your OB but really no you shouldn't paint the fumes could do some serouis damage!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My mom ended up w/ a miscarriage because she used paint THINNER while pregnant... But with paint, I think it depends on what TYPE of paint you use. But, I would hire it out or have other family members do it, just to be safe. Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I asked my OB if I could paint whenever I was pregnant, because we were remodeling to accommodate my new son. And she told me "NO!" Said that things could go fine but there were too many risks and she wouldn't risk it. So I didn't, I hung out and my dad's house while SO and a few of cousins did it. Good Luck, As far along as you are you should be taking it easy anyway.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I did it. Just the trim because my husband didn't think the trim needed it. I was fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Ok thanks guys :) I'll have someone else do it for me lol We're buying the house and I want to get everything moved in before the baby gets here, but every wall in the house is white and it needs to be painted in some of the rooms and I know it'd be easier to paint BEFORE we moved everything in so that we wont have to try and move everything around later on to paint.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You can, as long as you keep the area well ventilated.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Check out benjamin moore 0 VOCs...I believe its called natura...it has no smell. I believe you can find the saftey specs on their website. It is more expensive though, I believe it was 63.00 a gallon. I'd rather spend the extra money than smell paint, plus it just goes on beautifully.
    Anonymous