How many gifts are you giving per child this year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, I only have one son, and he's 3 months old. Me and my husband have bought him 11 presents, which is too much considering I know our family has all bought him a ton too! He's bound to get duplicates. Good thing he has a big toy box, lol!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• He has about 52 gifts under the tree. We only bought him 7 things. My 9 siblings, my husbands 5 siblings and his 4 sets of grandparents bought the rest. He has 8 Santa gifts too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have an 18 month old DD and we bought her a TON of little things, and a few big things, I don't know exactly how many, but she is going to be having so much more fun with the paper and boxes, LOL. I'm not gonna lie, she is the only grandbaby so she is pretty spoiled..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Mine are each getting about 8-10 presents each not including what they get in their stocking. My mom bought most of those!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• 3 or 4 plus stocking stuffers.
    Anonymous

• Not inlcuding their stocking, they are getting about 10-12 things each. I have three children...mony was tight this year.
    Anonymous

• Anon :42 - I don't understand. If money is tight why are you buying so many gifts? 10-12 is a lot!
    Anonymous

• anon :49 How the hell do you know what I got them and how much their gifts cost? Mind your own fucking business. My bills are all paid, so i will spend whatever the hell I want on my kids.
    Anonymous

• around 8-10 per child. ds is only 10 mts so he is getting 3toys and the rest of them are clothes. plus whatevevr he gest from the family
    dd is getting mostly toys she is about to turn 3 and clothes
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• 8...we celebrate Chanukah. They (18 and 19 years old) have rec'd gelt (chocolate coins) & a dreidel (combined it was less than $2) for the 1st, 4 bags of candy (less than $3 a bag) for nights 2-5, last night they each rec'd an antenae topper for their cars (cost $3.95 each), tonight one is getting a sports team penant & the other is getting a figure of one of their favorite Steelers player (cost...$6 for each) and tomorrow, we splurged a bit for their last night gift and 1 is recieving a homemade Pittsburgh Steelers cornhole board (which cost hubby $30 to make) and the other is recieving a home gym thing for doing situps and pushups that he's been wanting (cost...$30). We spent less than $60 on each of them for 8 gifts each.
    Anonymous