Need Advice on a Bachelors Degree in Business Management :)

I am going back to school in Jan. for my Bachelors in Business Management. Could someone please tell me what I can do with this degree..Would I be able to have my own business or make something out of it?? I could really use some advice. I'm confused!

kprincess19

Asked by kprincess19 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in

• The college you are going to be going to should have people you can talk to about this.

Anyone can own their own business. Will the degree teach you the practical things you need to know? Maybe not. If you want practical then go to a state community college. Community colleges are more career focused. It will also be cheaper. If you decide you want to get your BS or BA your community college credits should transfer.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It's a pretty basic degree. It might help you get your foot in the door, but it's not likely to do much more than that. You will learn things that could help you start your own business, but it will be up to you to make a real go of things. If you do think you will start your own business be sure to take several accounting and finance classes so you will no how to manage the money end of things. GL!
    Anonymous

• You are doing this a bit backwards. You should decide what type of job you want, then build your education around that. Go to your local library and check out a copy of What Color is your Parachute.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Well, my SO has a Bachelor's in Business Management and he is an Assistant Manager at the good ol' Walmart. Of course, I do not even believe one needs a degree to become hired there, but tis helpful.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2009