looking for some creative ideas.

My DS is 4 years old. He recently is learning how to spell names like mommy, daddy, santa, kameron, mamaw, grandpa, grammy, and well, you get the hint. We done this so that he can practice before Christmas because he gets to hand the presents out this year. Well For Christmas his dad and I bought him like 20+ new books. Most of which are in his stocking from Santa, but I also wanted to do something creative for christmas morning. here was/is my idea: I was going to take 1 of the 17 remaining books and put it unwrapped under the tree with a note from santa. On the note I was going to put a note with small words like "Look Under Sink" "Look On Table" and so forth and in each hiding spot there will be a new book. I want to know other creative ideas on what I could do beside the treasure hunt to make it fun and exciting for him.

poetress1218

Asked by poetress1218 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Holidays

• I think christmas itself is an exciting time. The treasure hunt will be enough.
    Anonymous

• I think that the treasure hunt is a great idea and will keep him plenty busy!
    meegan26

Answer by meegan26 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Don't get offended if he gets bored with the treasue hunt really quickly especially if every present is essentially the same thing, a book. Attention spans of 4 years olds are very small. I'd probably just let him unwrap them.
    Anonymous