How will people find out?

about the huge recall of H1N1 vaccines? They can't contact all the parents that had their kids vaccinated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know, I just told a parent yesterday who's 3 sons are getting vaccinated today...I said you do know that 800,000 were just recalled right....she was like NO...but she was STILL getting them vaxed

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Are the vaccines being recalled?
    Anonymous

• yes some batches are being recalled due to lack of potency. Not for causing health issues,they just are ineffective. It was prefilled syringes for children 3 and under. 800,000 were recalled
    Anonymous

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• when kids get the h1n1 shot they have to go back any ways and get another one in a month after they had the first shot. so i am sure that even if the first doses did not work then the second one will!!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The recall is NOT a safety issue....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I heard that the recalled doses were recalled because they lost some of their potency. They did not contain the thimerasol or mercury. BUT, they were still effective enough if your child received a dose of this batch. So, my question is, if the ones without mercury that have already been given are still effective, why can they not make ALL the doses without the mercury? I know that that one small thing would make a LOT of parents feel better, and they *might* get the vaccine in that case. (I wouldn't, but that's just me). But isn't this a question that should be addressed?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Personally, I feel bad for the parents who dutifully marched their kids off to get vaccinated, and now it appears the vaccines are ineffective.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Look, this was just another "convenient emergency" that the govt provided to distract us from the important issues.

I did not fall for it, and should my children need the flu vaccine we will go to the health department (if chicken soup, vitamin C and a few good nights sleep don't do the trick)

I'm sorry but I trust none of them; my "homework" tells me they are ALL fishy....
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Manco -- they are NOT ineffective! They just lost a bit of the effectiveness, but the kids are still safe from h1n1. AND, the reason that this batch of vaccine lost some of its strength after it left the lab is that it DID NOT contain the mercury additive. So, it doesn't have the mercury, but it will still protect the child who received it. That is what I understood from the talking box.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2009